shape
carat
color
clarity

Do I need this aqua?

amoline

Shiny_Rock
If you want my honest opinion, pears aren't really my very favorite shape in anything, although you wear this ring exceptionally well.

If you just need enabling.... well, duh -- buy it. :D

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you’ve currently got nothing in your jewelry box similar - yes!
- Cost /budget/ for what it’s ‘worth’ set aside -
I like this cut (while not perfect) better than a not perfect brilliant pear or not perfect Portuguese pear.
I appreciate the personality the ring as a whole has.
Is this on your hand? Look nice in artificial lighting?
But really - what’s the side view /gallery look like?:)

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, definitely a need, not a want! :lol:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm a sucker for graduated halos, so it's definitely very interesting. I don't know if there are any downsides you see, but how do you feel about the bowtie? I definitely see a bowtie.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want my honest opinion, pears aren't really my very favorite shape in anything, although you wear this ring exceptionally well.

If you just need enabling.... well, duh -- buy it. :D
Thanks! Seller’s hand, not mine.

If you’ve currently got nothing in your jewelry box similar - yes!
- Cost /budget/ for what it’s ‘worth’ set aside -
I like this cut (while not perfect) better than a not perfect brilliant pear or not perfect Portuguese pear.
I appreciate the personality the ring as a whole has.
Is this on your hand? Look nice in artificial lighting?
But really - what’s the side view /gallery look like?:)
The price is what I can’t seem to get past - $7,800. Let me see if I can upload the videos of the gallery.

Keep in mind you are working with a bunch of enablers.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:
So true!

Yes, definitely a need, not a want! :lol:
:mrgreen:

I'm a sucker for graduated halos, so it's definitely very interesting. I don't know if there are any downsides you see, but how do you feel about the bowtie? I definitely see a bowtie.
I see the bow tie too. I’m torn because I saved this ring image the first time I saw it and I had it in the back of my mind as something I wanted to replicate down the road. Now that the actual ring is on sale, I’m finding the $7,800 price tag difficult to swallow on a gem with no report. Then I wonder if I were to have it replicated, will it always be lacking in comparison to the original?

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm.. I may have to alter my opinion after hearing that price tag. It's a beautiful ring, but I'm not sure it's an $8,000 beautiful ring... Especially with no real report.

voce

Ideal_Rock
If you want it replicated, for $8,000 total cost you could have Jeff White cut the aqua, and it would be a better looking cut. I'd pass.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
At that price, with no report, no thanks. :snooty:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The step cut pear looks modern - and very nice indeed, perhaps a replacement stone into a converted pendant setting; yes for a report, even if slightly redundant.

2p

I am not sure what should be the price for this, however.

Aquamarine is my first love among faceted stones - the last too, but prices are surprisingly not terrifying for large, clean stones, even for better than usual colour, which this one is. I haven't priced one in ages! I can imagine having a new ring made much like this for the asking price.

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ the ring is newly made but the diamonds are OMCs. I wonder if the aqua is a Yavorskyy cut but I didn’t ask the seller.

This is why I love PS. You guys might be enablers but you make sure I get the best bang for my buck!

Reactions: AV_

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Also a pass without a cert

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would want a straight on shot, not tilted from the camera, to ascertain if there’s a window. A lab report is definitely In order, since with the proliferation of realistic synthetic aqua or irradiated material, you have to be careful. That’s why many on this board recommend getting a lapidary with a trusted rough source to acquire an aqua.

If the aqua does pan out to be natural and only heated, if treated at all, I think 8k is a fair price. Look at the size of those diamonds and I love the antique cut. Six carats is also a nice size. I would also want more photos. It’s light colored, but not too light.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesssss gorgeous ring but not at that price. :snooty:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous statement ring but not at that price.

ETA: Actually is there anyway we can do a breakdown to see how much it will cost to recreate the ring? I just realised the halo is pretty large.....

voce

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous statement ring but not at that price.

ETA: Actually is there anyway we can do a breakdown to see how much it will cost to recreate the ring? I just realised the halo is pretty large.....
That would be educational and interesting. Although the halo is pretty large, with no report, what can you really know about the value of the diamonds in that ring? They could be man made. Do we even have the specs for the graduated halo range, or do we have to guesstimate?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be educational and interesting. Although the halo is pretty large, with no report, what can you really know about the value of the diamonds in that ring? They could be man made. Do we even have the specs for the graduated halo range, or do we have to guesstimate?

We'd have to guestimate and assume the ring is real.

@JPie is a seasoned buyer so I'm guessing she's not going to drop money on this unless it's verified to be real.

Any PSers willing to help cost this ring on the assumption that it's all genuine untreated stones??????

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Would help to have the melee diameter size

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We'd have to guestimate and assume the ring is real.

@JPie

Any PSers willing to help cost this ring on the assumption that it's all genuine untreated stones??????
Heated aqua is acceptable treatment and does not detract from the value of the stone. With aqua, the most important component is tone. The darker the blue tone, the more valuable, heated or not. With aqua, the treatment you have to really worry about is irradiation, as dark tone can lighten significantly over time, and synthetic material.

I think $8k is a fair price if the stones are all natural, and the aqua has only been heated. It is definitely not a bargain or a good buy at that price. One can probably make a similar ring for less. However, keep in mind that gold is now $1500/oz, and aqua has also gone up substantially in price. That stone is medium light in tone, so it’s not a particularly valuable color, so maybe $200/carat. The lab report is essential if one is to shell out $8k.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you written it off @JPie ?

Can you bargain it down?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@T L thank you for your analysis of the price. It’s extremely helpful in the decision-making process!

@mellowyellowgirl I haven’t completely, but I get the distinct impression that the price is firm. If it still haunts me in the morning, perhaps I’ll revisit it with the seller.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks like it might have cutting issues due to the elongations in one axis (relative to the other). I would personally have passed and put the money aside for something else (i.e. jewels by grace has a nice 3 ct (?) emerald which is only a few k more expensive.).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The step pear cut has my attention, the colour of the aqua is not objectionable & the setting is not something I would do to myself, but nothing is hanging loose much that I can tell. It seems straightforward to have such a thing done for 6K-8K & who knows what is possible below - the colour of the aquamarine is not so extraordinary to have to have it else wait a hundred years.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
ctd.

This is an aqua I wanted to remember for its cut www , these for colors www ... Litnon used to do step cut pears beautifully.

2c

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
8000 without report? Never.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results