shape
carat
color
clarity

do i need a special setting to protect heirloom?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jackieomy

Rough_Rock
Hey all,
I just got engaged, and we are going to be using an heirloom diamond for my engagement ring. It''s is a transition cut, 1 carat, F color, VVS1. It throws off lots of pretty colors.

Is there a particular setting that will highlight this beauty? Is there a setting that would protect the diamond more than others? I''ve tried on styles that I love, including a bezel setting and a tulip setting. I think the bezel might hide some of the beauty of the diamond, but will it be safe in a tulip?

Thanks for the help!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would ask a good custom working jeweller to eyeball the girdle and check for small chips.

Sometimes they have thin girdles in a few spots - if there are any then rubbed in would make sense - if there are only a few - then careful prong setting with platinum or good white gold setting alloys can work.

Otherwise the tulip setting in 6 or 8 prong can allow some extra light in the pavilion - and this can make a bit more fire.

Whatever you do make it easy to clean and clean it often.

jackieomy

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Garry. I appreciate the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results