shape
carat
color
clarity

do i have to sacrifice brilliance for budget ?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sean

Rough_Rock
after reading all the interesting replies on brilliance , it seems to me that in order for me to stay within my budget , $2000 ,for a princess cut,i either have to sacrifice some better prefered depth and table pecentages for higher ones, high 70's to low 80's and thus loose some brilliance and light reflection or go down in carrat weight and keep the better mid 70% TABLE AND DEPTH PERCENTAGES ? am i on the right path ??? in the end i'm not so worried about evaluating numbers so long as at the end of the day i have a great diamond for the money i spend and has good brilliance , fire and light reflection , should i come down in carrat weight and strive to get better table and depth percentages , will that give me better brilliance ??:confused:

enibas

Rough_Rock
as a totally non-expert female consumer, isay yes! (to your last question)...shiny/sparklely-ness is much more important to me than size...but maybe you're not getting this for a chick/engagement, in which case...ignore my message! :))

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Right now I'd say you are lucky because you will not be asked to pay a premium for a well cut, highly brilliant, princess cut versus a less well cut one. This is a generalization, but overall I think the market has been very slow to accept the concept of Ideal Fancy cuts and premium pricing for them. This sleeping giant is awakening and we will soon see pricing tiers develop.

That doesn't mean exceptionally well cut princess cuts don't exist. It just means that, for now, a shopper for a fancy stone has a better than even chance of paying little or no extra for a super stone. It is to your advantage.

You will have to consider the other things as color, clarity and carat weight, as they will have a marked effect on your cost.

barry

Shiny_Rock
Dave;

I agree with you. Tier-pricing for top-cut princesses
is much closer than for fancies in general.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results