shape
carat
color
clarity

Do I go back to my local jeweler to upgrade or keep searching with all the research I learned on here!

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
I’m currently researching and looking to buy my first LGD diamond. My fiancé proposed to me in 2019 and we both bought my ring at our local jeweler. I love it but I wish because my ring finger is now a size 8.25 and when he proposed it was 6.25 (damn COVID) it looks smaller to me. I did get it resized. It’s a 1.0 ct , Color E, S12, Excellent cut Forevermark round earth mined diamond. And I love my A JAFFE 18kt white gold trellis setting we picked out. But both being newbies back then and now knowing what I know I wish we didn’t buy a Forevermark knowing the mark up on prices and our jewelers did explain the 4’c’s and go over everything and took their time with my undecided buyer mind. But they never said anything about lab diamonds or none Forevermark diamonds. We spent total $6,650. They have the same trade up plan as Tiffany where you have to spend twice what the diamond is worth and they will put it towards your new upgrade with them. He said I have to spend 10K so I guess when he appraised it it was worth 5K? I don’t know. I don’t if I should go back to them to upgrade or keep my ring and buy a whole entire new LGD one. I want a 2ct diamond.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you prefer for your upgrade to be a natural diamond?

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
Do you prefer for your upgrade to be a natural diamond?

No not at all! I want a LGD. My jeweler did say he could get me a LGD diamond. I’m assuming if he says I have to spend twice what my diamond is worth then it’s worth 5K and they would put that money towards my new LGD ring I buy and will have to pay out of pocket 5K?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No not at all! I want a LGD. My jeweler did say he could get me a LGD diamond. I’m assuming if he says I have to spend twice what my diamond is worth then it’s worth 5K and they would put that money towards my new LGD ring I buy and will have to pay out of pocket 5K?

A great 2ct LGD will cost significantly less than that, so I'd just keep your original engagement diamond and buy a separate upgrade ring.

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
A great 2ct LGD will cost significantly less than that, so I'd just keep your original engagement diamond and buy a separate upgrade ring.

Thanks Kim. I agree with you that I don’t need to spend 5k to find a well cut LGD 2 karatish diamond. I just wanted to confirm that I was understanding what my local jeweler where I bought my original Engagement ring from was saying to me when he was explaining how their lifetime upgrade policy works. It sounded the same as Tiffany’s upgrade policy. I’ve been shopping around using all your, Kim, and others valuable information I’ve been reading on here before I find the perfect LGD diamond for me. I definitely will post the diamond pics, video and GIA grading report for you all to review before I purchase my LGD 2karat range diamond for your opinions that I value. I
I didn’t know if and when I find my LGD 2 karat range if I would also need to purchase a new setting with it or I could use the one I already have that I truly love. It’s the A JAFFE Trellis style
ME1280/100 that is 3.8mm in the middle, tapering down to 3.6mm at the end bottom. Il attach a few pics of my setting. I got it in 18k white gold. I did not purchase the matching wedding band. From what it says under my setting on the A JAFFE website sounds promising that maybe my jeweler could at least set my new LGD with my A JAFFE setting if I wanted to upgrade with an AJAFFE setting. But I’m thinking I will be truly satisfied with a 14k white gold four or six prong knife setting if I can find for a great price after I find my LGD and the AJAFfE can remained set with my original design 1ct Forevermark which I could see myself wearing too even when I get the new LGD for one. IMG_4151.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4150.jpeg
    IMG_4150.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 5

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I'm almost positive that you'll need a new setting. The basket wouldn't be the right diameter for a significantly larger stone. While waiting, you could also buy a 2ct CZ 6-prong knife edge and see how it feels. Yay on your upgrade!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Agree with keeping your current natural/earth grown and going for a stand-alone LGD purchase.

We can help you find a diamond with great material quality, outstanding proportions and angles, and amazing optical performance!

Examples:

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
I'm almost positive that you'll need a new setting. The basket wouldn't be the right diameter for a significantly larger stone. While waiting, you could also buy a 2ct CZ 6-prong knife edge and see how it feels. Yay on your upgrade!

Good idea while I’m waiting to check out the knife edge to see how it feels. And thank you!

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
Agree with keeping your current natural/earth grown and going for a stand-alone LGD purchase.

We can help you find a diamond with great material quality, outstanding proportions and angles, and amazing optical performance!

Examples:

Thanks so much DejaWiz! I follow all your advice as well as Kim’s on here to help me find that one perfect LGd for me!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for you keeping your original diamond and buying a new LGD and setting for your upgrade!!! Yay! Very exciting!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put your original in a beautiful necklace and get a great 2-3 ct for a new ring!

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
Another vote for you keeping your original diamond and buying a new LGD and setting for your upgrade!!! Yay! Very exciting!
I’ve been searching and using the research I learned from everyone on here I’m so thankful to all of you for posts and narrowed down the jeweler I want to work/buy from so I will update when I find my new LGD and setting!! I’m sure I will post here and have Kim DejaWiz approve the report before the final purchase!!

Last edited:

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock

I was up all night thinking about it and yes you only live once I agree with you!!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been searching and using the research I learned from everyone on here I’m so thankful to all of you for posts and narrowed down the jeweler I want to work/buy from so I will update when I find my new LGD and setting!! I’m sure I will post here and have Kim DejaWiz approve the report before the final purchase!!

This is so exciting!!! We are all following along on your blingy journey!!!!

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You could have your 1ct reset into an illusion head like this, if you like the vintage look. The stone is a 6.5mm 1ct equivalent, but the head has the diameter of an 8mm 2ct diamond. The stone in the bottom ring is 7.5mm, like a 1.5ct diamond equivalent. Stuller still offers the head and shank to make an illusion setting ring like this. My ring size is 5 - 5.25. These stones happen to be moissanites. But my diamond e-ring was the yellow gold + white gold head version of this.
20220923_135254.jpg 20220923_135250.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results