shape
carat
color
clarity

do hearts & arrows really face up whiter?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I''ve often heard but want to know if this is true or just marketing hype. Do hearts & arrows really face up whiter than their color grade? If I have a G hearts & arrows does that mean it would face up more like an F or an E? Which one?
Thanks!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
In my experience as a consumer who has looked at a lot of diamonds recently, I find well cut stones, including true H&As, do face up whiter because all you see when you look at the is sparkle--not color--due to the superior cutting and the light return it yields. Lower color stones may show warmth when viewed from the side, but who really looks at the side of a diamond in a ring, unless it is set extremely high and open?
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes and no in my opinion.
In a lot of light conditions the eye will be drawn to the added sparkle and not see the color of the stone as much.
Other light conditions you could possible see it.
I think that a lot of people are sold on the higher colors for the sake of higher colors.
Most people dont find the color of I diamond objectionable and some can go down to j before they see any hint of color.
If I was buying a diamond up to 2cts it would be an I color with med flourecence.
After having looked at 100s of diamonds I cant see paying the huge premiums for the higher colors when they are a 5 inches apart I cant see the difference.
Which brings me to another issue not all I's are the same either it is a wide range and it depends on the lab that graded it.
Which is the reason a lot of people stick with H color and gia and ags certs with egl-USA being in third place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results