Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Do diamond prices vary with the season? Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NervousJohn

Rough_Rock
Are diamonds more/less expensive at certain times of the year? It would seem now (right before the holidays) and mid-late January (Valentine's Day)would be the worst times to buy, if the prices do vary.

Any thoughts?:read:

Gonnadoit

Rough_Rock
Although I should only be considered a beginner in this market, I've found the market to be tightening in the past few months. Specifically in the high end of diamond buying. I heard a rumor, could be way off on this, but the international wholesalers aren't buying as much do to the cost of inventorying large stocks that can't be sold in a contracting market since Sept. Diamonds are, in fact, a luxury item.

As for the seasonality, I would think that it's always a matter of demand and supply. If there is more demand, prices will go up, unless there is a corresponding expansion in supply. If the above rumor is true, you may be facing higher prices, however, I doubt that this will generally apply to the whole market. If you have something specific in mind, I would suggest that you start your research a bit earlier than you had intended; and to be patient.

Good luck!:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.