shape
carat
color
clarity

Do AVCs have fire?

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Apologies if this is a dumb question. I’m second-guessing buying an unusual cut sight-unseen and starting to freak out a little about making a mistake.

I expect all AVCs to be very bright/brilliant due to their ideal cut parameters. Not concerned about that part. But do they have lots of fire and rainbows? I definitely want colourful sparkles. I know the flashes will be broader than a typical round brilliant due to the bigger facets and that’s ok, as long as the diamond won’t just flash white.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, AVCs have lots of colored fire!

If you are buying direct from Jon/August Vintage or GOG you'll have a reasonable return period - be sure to inspect the AVC in a variety of lighting environments to see if it meets your preferences.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, so gorgeous! I can't wait to see it!

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I totally relate to your nerves, I had them Prior to receiving my AVC this was even after seeing Vids that Rhino uploaded of my Stone previously - I wanted an AVC because like you I much prefer Fire than White Light Scintillation & boy they don't disappoint they are total Fire Balls!

They act like no other Diamond I've seen - They are just Magical in all lightning! Which is unusual as even Ideal cut Diamonds don't always perform well in all Light Settings - I have Lots of Spot Lights around the House so I get Fire Works everytime I look down at my hand ✨

I'll post the 2 Vids of my Stone in Non-Direct Sunlight Firstly Unmounted then Mounted it will give you an idea of what they are like in real life please show us your Stone when you get it!

Stone Stats 0.92 M VS1 5.55 x 6.00

muesli

Shiny_Rock
I totally relate to your nerves, I had them Prior to receiving my AVC this was even after seeing Vids that Rhino uploaded of my Stone previously - I wanted an AVC because like you I much prefer Fire than White Light Scintillation & boy they don't disappoint they are total Fire Balls!

They act like no other Diamond I've seen - They are just Magical in all lightning! Which is unusual as even Ideal cut Diamonds don't always perform well in all Light Settings - I have Lots of Spot Lights around the House so I get Fire Works everytime I look down at my hand ✨

I'll post the 2 Vids of my Stone in Non-Direct Sunlight Firstly Unmounted then Mounted it will give you an idea of what they are like in real life please show us your Stone when you get it!

Stone Stats 0.92 M VS1 5.55 x 6.00

Gosh I can't look away! So pretty!!!

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all, I'm feeling a bit better now!

This whole diamond buying experience is equally fun and stressful. I think it would be a lot easier if I lived in America and could buy and return with ease (and reduced costs).

So glad I found this website though.

Last edited:

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all, I'm feeling a bit better now!

This whole diamond buying experience is equally fun and stressful. I think it would be a lot easier if I lived in America and could buy and return with ease (and reduced costs).

So glad I found this website though.

I totally get what you mean I'm Non U.S. Based too so it was imperative to get it right the first time which sorta adds extra pressure on lol The Return Shipping Costs can be quite exorbitant too lol with all the Insurance etc

AV Inc are really accommodating though & will be more than Happy to do Vids of the Stones your interested in - Generally speaking AVCs will Face Up Larger in comparison to Standard Market Cushions they may cost abit more but its definitely worth it!

m1918

Shiny_Rock
Yes! Jonathan definitely considers fire to be a necessity of an ideal cut.

Not to thread jack but does anyone know what happened to the star cut in the first video? I love them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results