shape
carat
color
clarity

Do any of you ladies wear Juicy Couture?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I want to get a hoody set. They look sooooooooooooo comfortable and cute. I know they are supposed to be fitted but how fitted? I don''t want it to be too tight so I would definitely go up in size, in order for it to be less snug.

So, can you Juicy wearers tell me which size you think I should go? I am 5''9" and a size 8-10. I''m usually an 8 but it really depends on my level of fitness, which is shot lately.
14.gif

Should I go L or XL? Thanks!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I''d just pop into a store and try them on. For one of my taller friends the pants aren''t long enough for her and she just has the hoodies. I usually wear a size 6/8 I guess? And I wear a medium...but they are very fitted, at least the sweatshirts are. I think this fall if they have my colors I might grab a large or two to just have one if I want it a little bigger on some days.

Also, just an fyi, the terry fades, so if you wear the sweatshirt more than the pants, which most do, it is going to change colors so be careful when you wash. I havent had any color changing problems with the velour.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am about 5'8" and wear a size 8 or so in clothes and I wear a Large in Juicy but can wear a Medium in pants. The tops always have to be L for me but are sometimes a bit tight on the boobs. XL is too long on the sleeves and too wide in the shoulders. They are supposed to be fitted but sometimes I get an XL hoodie only if I want to be more casual or relaxed as well. So I kind of mix and match at times.

I find that the Juicy hoodie sets actually change from year to year/season to season, aka fit and also materials sometimes too. 2 years ago the materials were thicker, this year they were thinner so the fit is a bit different. Also sometimes the pants are too long, even for me at 5'8"...I'm not exactly short! So I need to stick with M or L for pants and L for tops.

But I agree, go into a store if you can and try on a few sets, then I'd buy on eBay....the discounts are great, and also shopbop.com is having a huge sale right now on the summer stuff, including hoodie sets.

I LOVE Juicy and have about 4-5 hoodie sets, a few pairs of their terry shorts for summer, a few terry skirts, etc. I wear the hoodie sets all winter long especially, they are so comfy on the weekends. Have fun!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
i am a size 4 to 6 and 5'' 3" or 4", and I usually wear a medium top and small pants.
I have a lot of Juicy sets and they are extremely comfortable to wear. My favorites are the velour ones.
I have gotten all my sets either at Nordstrom''s, Adasa.com or Shopbop.com. I do notice that the new collections tend to run out fast, so if you have a certain color in mind, I suggest you get it if you find it in your size.
The only set I have ever purchased on ebay was a velour track suit in the color betsey, which I wound up exchanging so many times I lost track.

Juicy does tend to run a bit small, but I have to say that the small pants fit me kind of loose, except for the ones I got on ebay and they are medium, but I got them while I was pregnant, so that might explain the tight fit.

Definitely try them on in the stores, and then buy them on ebay.
You can get the whole set for the price of one hoody or one pants.
The only thing is that if you wear different sizes (IE: medium top, small pants), it''s a little harder to find on ebay. They usually sell the whole set in one size.

If you are a little shy about your stomach, then I would get a size bigger in the top as well.
Lastly, the pants do run kind of long, so far I have had all but two pants hemmed down.
2.gif

Good luck, I am sure once you buy one set, you will buy another and another.......
They really are comfortable!
2.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies. I did go and try them yesterday.
9.gif

Much to my dismay, I think I need a L pants and an XL hoodie. The L top was VERY fitted, and I''m self conscious, so I need a little extra room there. Sadly, the L pants were fitted too, but not too tight, so I''ll go with them. I doubt a XL would kill me but I don''t want them too baggy saggy in the butt area.

Thanks for your help!
35.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2005 2:20:14 PM
Author: Morticia
Thanks ladies. I did go and try them yesterday.
9.gif

Much to my dismay, I think I need a L pants and an XL hoodie. The L top was VERY fitted, and I''m self conscious, so I need a little extra room there. Sadly, the L pants were fitted too, but not too tight, so I''ll go with them. I doubt a XL would kill me but I don''t want them too baggy saggy in the butt area.

Thanks for your help!
35.gif
Don''t feel bad about the size, they''re super fitted! Butterfly & Mara are right, I''ve found complete sets for about the cost of a sweatshirt on ebay! Its great to pick them up there, if you know what you want! Glad you found out what works though
1.gif
They''re soo comfy!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do they come bigger than XL? I got a big set of tittycacas going on and I need enough room for the girls.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2005 10:42:09 PM
Author: ame
Do they come bigger than XL? I got a big set of tittycacas going on and I need enough room for the girls.
ROTFL

you are a riot!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I own literally about 30 sets of the velour. I wear it in the winter with my uggs, sooo comfy and not too much thought in daily outfit unless I have to dress up for something. I think they run small so I do a large top and large bottom, because keep in mind though you want it fitted up top a bit, you are wearing a top underneath most likely and need room to zip up the top. I love them, they still sell a lot so they are still in fashion, but even if they were not (and the uggs, too, which I am not sure about)...I would still live in them in the cold weather...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think XL is the biggest and it's not really an XL sizing IMO. I'd go into a store and try one on, ame, and see what you think. They are pretty fitted too. I've found that season to season varies, aka some seasons I am more L and others I have fit better into XL.

ETA...DiamondFan I feel the same way re: even if they weren't in fashion. I know they are not the absolute hip thing anymore since they've been around for a few years, but I would not give up my sets anyway. They are TOO comfy for winter weekends!!

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
ame! i love the terminology. banjo

widget

Ideal_Rock
OK....once again I have to remind the world that I am OLD
39.gif

What is "juicy couture"???? Can someone post a picture?

widget

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget,
juicy is most recognized for their velour track suits that were popular recently....
NM-0EZX_mp.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2005 10:42:09 PM
Author: ame
Ame, I almost spit soda all over my laptop!!
11.gif
LOL
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Belle!
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Come on Widget, you are giving us old gals a bad reputation! Ame you crack me up - too cute!!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking about getting one of the Juicy tracksuits with the cargo pocket pants and was just wondering if anyone has bought those and if they are meant to fit tight or loose.

I tried on a small right at the beginning of my pregnancy and they were tight, but when I bought a pair from ebay in medium, they were too loose, but I kept them anyway, because it was sold as a set with the jacket.

Now, I am thinking about getting another set. I always wanted a set in dark green and they came out with a beautiful color called Nature, perfect for the fall and winter.
Since I have so many hoodies, I want the track suit, but the inseam on the cargo pants is 6.5" and the inseam on the regular pants are 7.5".

Today I tried on the small in another color and they fit me really well. Should I go with the smalls or get it slightly looser?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm I dunno Kayla..I just know that the cargo pants with pockets are NOT flattering for me since I'm curvy and have hips so they just seem to 'spread' out the pockets. The non-pocket originals are more my thing....

I have to check out the fall colors, I also was thinking of something like a dark green, maybe a dark sage or something for fall...in the velour. Have to see what's out there! I haven't done anything for fall yet, I think I am in denial...nevermind that we have started using our down comforter again in the last week.
39.gif

ETA: What is the fabric content on the cargos, aka will there be any shrinkage? Do you intend to lose weight (aka do you have any baby weight to get rid of still?)...if so maybe get the smaller size so they will fit just better and better!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 2:37:01 AM
Author: Mara
Hmm I dunno Kayla..I just know that the cargo pants with pockets are NOT flattering for me since I''m curvy and have hips so they just seem to ''spread'' out the pockets. The non-pocket originals are more my thing....

I have to check out the fall colors, I also was thinking of something like a dark green, maybe a dark sage or something for fall...in the velour. Have to see what''s out there! I haven''t done anything for fall yet, I think I am in denial...nevermind that we have started using our down comforter again in the last week.
39.gif

ETA: What is the fabric content on the cargos, aka will there be any shrinkage? Do you intend to lose weight (aka do you have any baby weight to get rid of still?)...if so maybe get the smaller size so they will fit just better and better!

I foiund three greens that came out with the new fall velour sets, Nature, Sarah J, and New day. In that order, Nature is the darkest and it goes lighter from there. I don''t think any of them could be called sage, though.

I also like the color City, which is like a dark purplish brown and since I don''t have anything like this color at all, I will most likely get it. Shop bop has it with heart rhinestones, so I may get those so at least they look a tiny bit different.

I don''t have any baby fat to lose. I actually weigh about 3 lbs. less than what I weighed prepregnancy and because I am breastfeeding, I have not gained weight since giving birth to the baby.

If anything, I am afraid to gain weight after I stop breastfeeding and then not be able to fit into the pants. I know if I get the regular pants (not cargo style), I will always fit into them unless I gain a lot of weight, because they already fit me slightly loose and I was able to wear them even when I was pregnant.

hmmmm, decisions, decisions. I shouldn''t even be shopping, I am on maternity leave and not earning an income........
39.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Well, I placed my order at Shopbop.

I decided against getting the tracksuit/cargo pants set b/c I just didn't trust how they would look on me. I went with the hoodie set instead.

I sold my seven maternity jeans on ebay- two pairs, so I figured I could go ahead and splurge a bit.
I ordered the hoodie set in Nature and in the color City with the heart rhinestones.

Then, I was craving the low V pullover in City, but since I got the hoodie set in that color, I decided to get the color Louis V instead. Unfortunately, when I checked back to place the order, the mediums had disappeared.

Luckily, I found another site- Daszigns.com that not only had it in medium, but have it on sale- from $92 to $75.

Today, when I went to check if they still had it in stock, I had another pleasant surprise, they have a summer sale, so I got an addition %10 off the pullover. So the price came out to $67.50!
2.gif

ETA: The City hoodie set looks just like the one posted above!

Yeah! Can't wait to get my Juicy stuff!!!
2.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh I will have to check out that other website Kayla.

I checked out ShopBop the other day for a few minutes, I am not loving the Nature color for my skin tone, I think it will make me look to yellow. But I did like the Louis V and another one that looked like a chocolate brown.

So now just have to decide.

I have the low V pullover in black and the poolside color and LOVE IT..it''s a great alternative to the hoodies and I like the slightly flared sleeves.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2005 1:35:36 PM
Author: butterfly 17

Luckily, I found another site- Daszigns.com that not only had it in medium, but have it on sale- from $92 to $75.

Today, when I went to check if they still had it in stock, I had another pleasant surprise, they have a summer sale, so I got an addition %10 off the pullover. So the price came out to $67.50!
2.gif
Hey Kayla, that daszigns.com site is just a search engine, where did you actually purchase from??

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2005 2:10:11 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 10/8/2005 1:35:36 PM
Author: butterfly 17

2.gif
Hey Kayla, that daszigns.com site is just a search engine, where did you actually purchase from??

Oh, sorry, it's daszign.com, no "s".
2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Well. I have now purchased three Juicy sets.
The color City hoodie set with crystal heart rhinestones.
The color Sarah J hoodie with cargo pants, for a little different look. I got the Nature set, but it was too Christmassy green for me, so I returned it.
Last, and this one was really on a whim, I got the color Louis V. I order the pullover in medium but it was too big. I went to to store to exchange for a small and tried it on with the cargo pants and decided to get them too. I did get 25% off on the pants and the 10% off the pullover, so all was not lost.

That''s it, no more Juicy until..... the spring!
2.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
We were in Phoenix shopping this past weekend and I bought my 21 year old daughter a purple set (don''t know the color name) with the rhinestone heart. It looked so cute on her!!! The Juicy track suits really are nice.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Sundial,
Is it a dark purple with a purple rhinestone heart? If it is, then it is called City and that is the same one I got.
I think it is so cute and my favorite color is purple/lavender.
2.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That''s the one Butterfly. You have excellent taste!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kayla what do you think of the Louis V color? I really like it on ShopBop but have not seen it in person. I want something rich for winter. let me know what you thought...also we have fairly similar skin tones probably.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I really like it, it''s sort of a mixture of burgundy and purple. I have a color I bought last year that is burgundy, I think it''s called Dragon or something, and Louis V is definitely a richer earthier color.

Yes, we do have similar skin tones and you were right about the Nature. Even my husband said it didn''t look right on me.

FYI, the burgundy set I got last year had a white striped band that said "Juicy" on the bottom of the jacket and the top of the pants and when I washed it, the color from the velour bled onto the white band in different spots, so it looks terrible!

Never buy a darker color with the white or light striped band, and always wash in cold water!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
So far I''m liking the Louis V and also Mother Nature which looks like a very deep chocolatey brown.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results