shape
carat
color
clarity

Do 6 prongs sit flush

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
I can''t remember where I saw it but I think I recall something about 4 or 6 prongs and whether or not a 6 prong tiffany would sit flush against a band and I remember that there were pictures too. Could anybody direct me to the correct thread ? Thanks so much.

griffey

Rough_Rock
My friend has one,

No they don''t sit flush...but then again....if it is a real ''tiffany'' like setting, it doesn''t matter - it''ll look amazing regardless.

Griffey.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can''t really just generalize and say a 6 prong won''t sit flush. mine does. but it also is specially designed to sit flush. it''s not a tiffany style solitaire but it has a similar type head and it just sits higher up on the setting than the typical tiffany.

you can have anything designed to sit flush if that is what you want....4 or 6 prong. good luck!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Demelza asked me to post this....it''s her SuperbCert Tiffany 6 prong replica set and it shows how close the 2 rings will sit together even if they are not 100000% flush.

demstastetest.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara! I couldn''t get the URL image to copy on my laptop. As Mara said, the rings don''t fit perfectly flush because of the small platinum "donut" on which the head sits, but it''s a very small gap and hardly noticeable. But it is not a perfectly flush fit. Whether that will bother you is a matter of personal preference. Hope that helps!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, you can't generalize. But Demelza's set is just perfection. Makes me want a solitaire so bad!!!
11.gif
9.gif
27.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
It also depends on the kind of band.

If you are thinking a plain custom fit metal band, those sit very low and most "flush"; higher bands with stones tend to sit a bit less flush.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in a dilemma about the prongs, too. I just ordered a Tiffany 6 prong, and I am a little disapointed to not see as much of the sides of the diamond I was accustomed to seeing with my old 4 prong setting. So I am undecided whether to change back to a 4 prong on my next (and hopefully FINAL) try.

Ducky

Rough_Rock
I have an actual Tiffany shared prong wedding band and a Whiteflash Tiffany replica 6 prong ring. They sit totally flush with each other. I sometimes also wear the 6 prong with another band. There is a very very slight space between those two bands but not noticable at all. I hope this helps.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it also depends what type of wedding band you are trying to pair with it. diamond bands- especially shared prong ones are harder to get flush than a plain metal band.

Ducky

Rough_Rock
The Tiffany shared prong is very low profile so it sits lower than the "donut" of the 6 prong ring. If another shared prong is not as low profile, then chances are the two rings will not sit flush with one another. Also, the diamonds on the Tiffany shared prong don''t hang over the sides. Most likely, the stones won''t wear away the metal on the engagement ring and vise versa. Some stones on shared prong rings do hang over and this will casue rubbing and can lead to damage of both rings.

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Good info you guys !! Here''s what I ended up doing. I asked the jeweler if he could "lower" the diamond and what he suggested was to get an oversized 6 prong head and he would replace my 4 prong head with that. They said that it should sit flush. My band is a plain band and I did notice that my e-ring did sit a bit higher if that makes any sense. I don''t get it back until next week. I liked that the 4 prongs sat perfectly flush but I think I''ll have more peace of mind with the 6 prongs.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay why would he get an OVERSIZED 6 prong head to have it sit flush?

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, sorry....it''s oversized so that the diamond will sit all the way down in the prongs....I think kind of like the pic that you have ....it looks like the diamond sits all the way down and there is no space there. I have no idea if I''m making any sense LOL

LBug75

Shiny_Rock
I got my ring back !! Yeah.... Michael, the jeweler, called last night and told me that it was done. He said I know how you girls hate to be without your diamonds, so he did it yesterday and I picked it up today. It''s cool because there''s a notch in 2 of the prongs, so the one close to my band is notched and it sits flush and I could add a band on the other side of my e-ring if I want to later, because of the notch on the other side so that''s cool !! Sorry, I''m rambling but I''m sooo excited !!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on getting the ring back!! i know what you mean about the head, like a spreadier prong look? please post pictures in SMTR!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results