carat
color
clarity

DNC & HRC have actually created jobs!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1476816072|4088319 said:
First, I would like someone to tell me how stepping down from being the candidates would actually help the country.

My $0.02 - they BOTH are soo plagued with dirt/scandals/allegations/etc. - and that's BEFORE either takes office (usually they shack up in the WH for a little while before it gets like this). I know of no one personally (on the left or right) who is even "in like" with their candidate, much less 'in love'. This election cycle would be an unbelievably fascinating cable sit-com about Washington corruption & ****, if it wasn't actually happening in reality. I go back and forth between feeling like I need a shower, a Xanax or both every time I turn on any news, so I largely stopped watching it altogether. :sick: I know I'm not alone feeling this way about the election. Our country needs a reason to unite, not continue the division that is being furthered by this election.

So, yes, I would be delighted if BOTH the Dem & Rep runners-up were put on the ticket in place of Hillary & Chump. Bernie actually reminds me of my Grandpop (RIP), so I kinda miss seeing him stumping.

I'd actually rather keep Obama in office for four more years than either of these clowns.

E B

Ideal_Rock
:wall: :lol:

So, I got about a minute in, and had to laugh at all the "flash" edits connecting fragments of sentences. Classic piecey, hatchety O'Keefe. At around 0:29, the woman says something like, "you know, this is voter fraud..." and immediately after, he says "no!" but it's quickly cut off.

There's a reason why the MSM isn't touching this without actual investigation, and it isn't because they're "in Hillary's pocket." The guy's a known fraud who knows his audience, clearly. And hey, I don't want to ruin anyone's giddiness over this, but those who are familiar with the guy and aren't hoping and praying for anything tying Hillary to evil are going to need more. As of now, it's bunk. As I've said before, unedited tapes should clear everything up. It's getting kind of close to the wire, though-- he should hand them over soon!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is giddy? I am disgusted if they prove to be any bit true. Kinda like everyone here is disgusted in the 943 Trump threads.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Giddy was perhaps the wrong word to use, but there seems to be an undercurrent of excitement (?) in jumping to assume this is true, especially given the source (and further information provided on said source). I went to O'Keefe's twitter page today and people are absolutely salivating over them.

Someone brought up a good point on the first page, though: why pay people to incite violence at rallies? We've seen the t-shirts, the supporters calling for an armed revolution, people being punched in the face, etc. Seems like a big risk for such a small payoff for Hillary, if any payoff at all. OR- pay for voter fraud, for that matter, when the candidate has been so far ahead in both the primary and, for the most part, the general, not to mention how ridiculously ineffective it would be. What sense does any of it make?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1476736190|4088012 said:
If found to be true, I look forward to the WH quickly denouncing these actions and having the DOJ investigate, given the WH Press Secty said today (in regards to the bombing of the NC Republican HQ) that "there is no justification for the use of violence to advance a political agenda".

I won't hold my breath.

Well not to say you should've but as best as my recollection goes, the FBI reports to DOJ which is under the President Obama's domain, and I believe the senate must approve the head of the FBI.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/10/18/firebomb-north-carolina-republican-orange-county-headquarters/92362036/

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1476823584|4088356 said:
JoCoJenn|1476736190|4088012 said:
If found to be true, I look forward to the WH quickly denouncing these actions and having the DOJ investigate, given the WH Press Secty said today (in regards to the bombing of the NC Republican HQ) that "there is no justification for the use of violence to advance a political agenda".

I won't hold my breath.

Well not to say you should've but as best as my recollection goes, the FBI reports to DOJ which is under the President Obama's domain, and I believe the senate must approve the head of the FBI.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/10/18/firebomb-north-carolina-republican-orange-county-headquarters/92362036/

My statement about looking forward to the DOJ investigating was in regard to the allegations in the O'Keefe videos.

I'm not following what the rest of your post was about. :confused: I'm familiar with administration structure as I worked for the fed gov't. :wavey:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1476821950|4088346 said:
Giddy was perhaps the wrong word to use, but there seems to be an undercurrent of excitement (?) in jumping to assume this is true, especially given the source (and further information provided on said source). I went to O'Keefe's twitter page today and people are absolutely salivating over them.

Someone brought up a good point on the first page, though: why pay people to incite violence at rallies? We've seen the t-shirts, the supporters calling for an armed revolution, people being punched in the face, etc. Seems like a big risk for such a small payoff for Hillary, if any payoff at all. OR- pay for voter fraud, for that matter, when the candidate has been so far ahead in both the primary and, for the most part, the general, not to mention how ridiculously ineffective it would be. What sense does any of it make?

And there is no excitement by any Hillary supporters in the revelations of Trump's escapades. :rolleyes: You might want to check some democrat reddit pages and twitter feeds. It is all a shitshow and both sides are guilty of it. But if some of the video is true it should be investigated because we "should" take criminal behavior by a campaign, the DNC, and it affiliates seriously.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^I agree. People would go nuts of Trump cut the tags off his mattress *gasp* :lol: but with Hillary, it's a wait-and-see approach.
And, no, I'm not giddy over any of this. It reflects poorly on all of us :nono:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red and Jenn,

I care.

I am totally disgusted by the actions of the DNC. I am so ANGRY that I am being BULLIED into voting for Hillary Clinton. I was a very proud Democrat. I'm not sure how to feel anymore. Logically, I knew the world of politics was very dirty...I think we all did, but I think I didn't want to know how dirty.

The DNC has pissed me off. Bernie wasn't really my guy, which seems weird because all of the political tests said he should have been. I hug trees and want everyone to prosper. I even drive a Prius! :lol: But there was something that didn't sit right with me, his promises didn't seem realistic. Still, he seemed like the poster boy for the DNC and they screwed him over. This proves that the DNC isn't about pushing their values. My rose colored glasses are off.

What really frightens me... Is that this political environment is the perfect storm for a REAL despot to rise to power. If Trump had been a little more controlled (but just as narcissistic/sociopathic/self-serving/frightening) he would have won by a landslide and this country would be in trouble! If a dangerous outsider runs for office, I believe the people will vote for him because they are tired of the political dishonesty that is happening here. This election has done nothing but make things worse by shoving all of the ugliness right into our faces. When I think of all of the scandals, all of the violence, the racism, and the accusations, I feel completely overwhelmed. I was fed up with politics before this election, as many people were. This election has pushed me to my limit. I hope that things will settle down after the election, but I have a feeling they won't.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1476819045|4088333 said:
ksinger|1476816072|4088319 said:
First, I would like someone to tell me how stepping down from being the candidates would actually help the country.

My $0.02 - they BOTH are soo plagued with dirt/scandals/allegations/etc. - and that's BEFORE either takes office (usually they shack up in the WH for a little while before it gets like this). I know of no one personally (on the left or right) who is even "in like" with their candidate, much less 'in love'. This election cycle would be an unbelievably fascinating cable sit-com about Washington corruption & ****, if it wasn't actually happening in reality. I go back and forth between feeling like I need a shower, a Xanax or both every time I turn on any news, so I largely stopped watching it altogether. :sick: I know I'm not alone feeling this way about the election. Our country needs a reason to unite, not continue the division that is being furthered by this election.

So, yes, I would be delighted if BOTH the Dem & Rep runners-up were put on the ticket in place of Hillary & Chump. Bernie actually reminds me of my Grandpop (RIP), so I kinda miss seeing him stumping.

I'd actually rather keep Obama in office for four more years than either of these clowns.

wow. JoCoJenn we agree on something!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps the only reason I think Jill Stein looks like a good candidate for me is that I know very little about her, but (given that I know so little and, therefore no scandals have, yet, emerged) she is the only one who looks good to me. I supported Bernie Sanders, but, like House Cat, I didn't find him my dream candidate. He was just the most congenial to me of the Democratic primary contenders. Barack Obama, although I have grown fond of him over time, was not nearly Progressive enough for me. Hillary Clinton is not even in the ballpark. I am voting for her (have voted for her, rather) only out of desperation.

That said, desperate times call for desperate measures. To save the country from Trump, I gladly voted for (by far) the lesser of two evils.

AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results