shape
carat
color
clarity

DK Emerald mmd eternity ring - opinions please

Skylar

Rough_Rock
Hi! I joined PS not too long ago specifically to learn about MMDs. My dream e-ring would be a ginormous emerald cut MMD, but anyway...

I'm working with David Klass to get my wedding band made. The stones are 4.22ctw G VS set in an 18k RG angular U-prong design that I absolutely adore. DK sourced all of the stones for me. This is my first time commissioning such an expensive and important piece so I'm anxious that I will overlook something. I'd love to hear your opinions!

My main concern is the stones look like they vary quite a bit in size. Is this normal for non-round eternity bands?

DKPV2020-11-27------RGE--3.jpg DKPV2020-11-27------RGE--2.jpg DKPV2020-11-27------RGE--1.jpg

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
This is lovely.
When he made my rings, he said slight variations in size would not be noticeable, and he was right. My band had stones from 3.4 mm to 3.6 mm

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
F860466F-CE74-48E9-9AB1-53BD0378D973.jpeg Lovely ring! I am not sure about size, but I would ask to check that all the stones are seated evenly/properly in the setting. It might just be the angle of the picture, but some stones seem like they are crooked in the mounting. See the one circled in red vs the ones in green.

Skylar

Rough_Rock
Myshinybestlife, thank you! I also wasn't sure if this would even be noticeable. I mean, I only saw it after staring at the magnified picture for a good while.

123ducklings I'm really glad you see this as well. In the video he sent it also looked crooked but I wasn't sure if it's just the angle or something. I've already asked David about it. Hope he'll reply soon, I know this must be such a busy time for him!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing I noticed was the stone circled in red.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results