shape
carat
color
clarity

Distinctive Gem Cutting Diamonds to Order

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone see the option to preorder a diamond to be cut with Distinctive Gem?
Here’s the link...
I’m so flipping tempted; minimum specs are G VS1 but you pay the same amount even it grades higher. All the reports you could dream of to quantify the performance and the price is better than a comparable True Hearts lab diamond from James Allen.
So very tempted. I have a beautiful hearts and arrows 2.14 carats H colored diamond but since the lab is IGI, I don’t have all the performance metrics and I am a numbers junkie.
If it was confirmed that these will perform and have a comparable cut to like a Whiteflash ACA, that would seal the deal for me.
Anyone else tempted? Anyone have one of their lab diamonds and been able to compare to a super ideal?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My 2.8 ct OEC was cut to order, I specified exactly what I wanted, I wanted it to hit 2.8 ct, because the number is significant, I also wanted an open culet to distinguish it from a mrb, and I wanted G/H in color. I did not want anything higher because I like a little "warmth" of near colorless stones. Jonathan picks the rough that will yield in the specs requested, and voila, my "ideal" OEC with amazing light return was born.

Attachments

• A42AA618-0EFA-44EE-961C-F172956F4979.jpeg
    A42AA618-0EFA-44EE-961C-F172956F4979.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 41

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy am I tempted! I would totally love to do this.:)

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Just an update: I reached out to Jonathan, who is very nice to speak with via email. I don’t want to quote his entire email since I did not ask permission, but I summation, he created this line to be a lab grown alternative to many of the vendors we look to for super ideals. Additionally, he confirmed that these diamonds to quality for the 1.5x spend to upgrade policy.
If anyone is considering lab grown, I urge you to jump on this!

Sezzwho

Rough_Rock
So I've been in lurker mode lately scoping out the lab diamond situation. I got myself a moissanite 3yrs ago with the knowledge I'd like to get a diamond when prices come down. I am REALLY digging the look of his "distinctive" hearts and arrows cut cushions. I'm dying to know if it comes slightly elongated proprtions. I'm probably not buying until fall so I'm hoping supply increases by then lol. I also want a heritage cushion but all I saw was square or super elongated.

I would love to see any and all from him. I'm Canadian and it's a real pain to deal with border shipments so I want to do it right lol. My current stone is an 8x7 antique cushion cut moissanite and I still love it. I just want it a bit whiter and more crisp (it's pretty though).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results