shape
carat
color
clarity

Distinctive Gem custom cut moissanites, share your experience

Lovey Lace

Rough_Rock
Has anyone purchased a custom cut mossanite from Distinctive Gem lately, like within the past 6 months to a year or so, and care to share what your experience was like? Did it meet and beat your expectations since there are no returns on custom cuts? Did you get a video of the finished product before receiving it in the mail? What was the turnaround time like? Are they cut in China? PS has mostly positive reviews, anyone have neutral or negative experiences or have things to watch out for when it comes to custom cuts?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never custom cut but all of my DG stones have been utter perfection. Does he not have one in stock with your specifications?

Lovey Lace

Rough_Rock
Never custom cut but all of my DG stones have been utter perfection. Does he not have one in stock with your specifications?

Very sadly no. I'm still debating on the shapes, but there aren't many in stock sizes to choose from for asschers or antique ovals. When they're posted on his website, it means that they're ready to ship right?

They're also pretty expensive compared to other brands, I was also looking at Kori Moissanites, if anyone has experience with that brand. It's from DeBebians. These seem to be custom cut also because you have to choose a shape first and then choose the size, but they have a 30 day return policy. I guess I don't know if it's worth the extra cost to get Distinctive Gem.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sadly no. I'm still debating on the shapes, but there aren't many in stock sizes to choose from for asschers or antique ovals. When they're posted on his website, it means that they're ready to ship right?

They're also pretty expensive compared to other brands, I was also looking at Kori Moissanites, if anyone has experience with that brand. It's from DeBebians. These seem to be custom cut also because you have to choose a shape first and then choose the size, but they have a 30 day return policy. I guess I don't know if it's worth the extra cost to get Distinctive Gem.

If that’s you wedding dress it is spectacular!

GucciGirl13

Rough_Rock
Has anyone purchased a custom cut mossanite from Distinctive Gem lately, like within the past 6 months to a year or so, and care to share what your experience was like? Did it meet and beat your expectations since there are no returns on custom cuts? Did you get a video of the finished product before receiving it in the mail? What was the turnaround time like? Are they cut in China? PS has mostly positive reviews, anyone have neutral or negative experiences or have things to watch out for when it comes to custom cuts?

Did you end up ordering from Distinctive Gem? I’ve been looking at his August Vintage Cushion moissanite stones as well. The LGD is unfortunately out of my price range & have watched some comparison videos that Jonathan has done & they look really nice (not overly refractive like standard moissanite). Just curious if you ever pulled the trigger on one of his stones or decided to try another brand =)2

AntiqueFreak

Rough_Rock
Did you end up ordering from Distinctive Gem? I’ve been looking at his August Vintage Cushion moissanite stones as well. The LGD is unfortunately out of my price range & have watched some comparison videos that Jonathan has done & they look really nice (not overly refractive like standard moissanite). Just curious if you ever pulled the trigger on one of his stones or decided to try another brand =)2

I have ab elongated AVC moissanite I bought a few years ago and it is by far my favorite stone I own. I highly recommend them.

GucciGirl13

Rough_Rock
I have ab elongated AVC moissanite I bought a few years ago and it is by far my favorite stone I own. I highly recommend them.

Thank you for the reply. I hear nothing but great things about DG :kiss2: I just ordered a LGD from Ritani that has “antique “ qualities & I’m thinking of possibly purchasing one of the Moissanites to compare. It’s hard to tell from pics & videos alone if they’ll be similar or completely different.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results