shape
carat
color
clarity

Disgusting Neighbour!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Well, what a gorgeous sunny Saturday we had here! I had some work to do so thought I''d head out onto the balcony to enjoy the weather while I finished it up. My condo is in a highrise with another highrise close by and we all have balconies and a few people were out. The buildings are close enough that I could chat to my neighbours in the next building if I raised my voice a little.

Soooo... my neighbour across the ''way'' in the other building (on the same floor as me but not the same building) had left the door to his balcony open and I could see him sitting just inside watching tv. And ladies, GUESS what came blaring out of his place?

****!
29.gif
29.gif
23.gif

At first I couldn''t figure out what the weird noises were. ''What is he WATCHING?'' Naive little me thought to myself. But it rapidly became unmistakable.

It was so disgusting! I thought about throwing something across teh way with a note attached ''Yo, Perv! Shut your door!'' But I thought the better of it.

Anyway, that forced me back into the house. Hard to... uh... concentrate.

I hope he doesn''t keep that up (er... sorry) all summer.
14.gif

GRRRROOOOSSSS!!!! Who DOES that?
32.gif
32.gif
I mean, for the most part I don''t care what people do behind (ahem) closed doors, but please! people CLOSE YOUR DOOR!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gross! I don''t think I could have kept myself from yelling "SHUT YOUR DOOR, PERV!" Yikes! I mean, when men do stuff like that it makes me think they want someone to see/hear them. Not to mention that he totally ruined your balcony time...YUCK!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is awful!!!!
29.gif
Can you complain if he keeps it up? You asked what kind of people do that, well, people with no class what so ever! YUCKO!

Mag00

Rough_Rock
you can complain that he''s watching it too loud, but you cant complain about the content that he is watching.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
First off...i''m sorry that you have to deal with this...

But on the other hand, that is too hilarious! It reminds me of the "ugly naked guy" from Friends. Remember that? Your story belongs on a sitcom. Seriously!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it were not nasty it might be funny.

It is his business if he wants to watch, but it becomes yours when he leaves the door or window open and has it on too loud. Maybe leave an anonymous note saying Hi Neighbor, just wanted to alert you that your television is audible to the neighborhood when your door is open. Thank you.

Maybe that will be a gentle reminder, but he also might know that people can hear and he likes that. But there are certainly noise and decency issues involved here...

good luck! I would not be able to look him in the eye again. He is not even waiting til the evening to do this, guess he likes love in the afternoon? that is TMI for you to learn about him!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! Since he lives in the building next door, at least I never have to, say, pass him in the hall or be on the elevator with him. But it also makes it harder to slip a note under his door or something. Well, truthfully, I''d probably be scared to do that since I think Thing2 might be right that he WANTS people to know and is probably a serious perv. Hey come to think of it, he also has a red lamp in his place right by the window. Hmmm. Maybe he''s advertising?! A la Amsterdam?
11.gif

Hey! Maybe now is the perfect time for me to fulfill my 5th grade vow to perfect the art of the straight-flying paper airplane!

Then if he keeps wrecking my balcony time, I might have to progress to ''stink bomb''.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure what country you are in or what your laws are like, but because the doors and windows are open, I wonder if his noise pollution is covered by the laws for what is acceptable in public? I''d probably call the police. I''m sure there are children within earshot also!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
borders on exhibitionism if he does "it" with the windows open. call the police next time?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
He wasn''t actually uh... doing anything. Just sitting on his chair by the open door... watching tv. Only the sound of what was on the tv was ''exhibitionist''. Not sure if that''s illegal. But I AM sure it''s rude and annoying and gross.
29.gif
38.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi Independent Gal,

I didn't mean to make so "light" of the situation. Living in college dorms with paper thin walls with people having sex next door (both sides) and up above got me used to living in close corners.

Next time, take your cell phone outside and start having a loud conversation so that he can hear how easy it is to hear neighbors. I just assumed that he wasn't aware of how loud it was and that he wasn't some perv.

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this!
32.gif
32.gif

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 3:07:14 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Not sure if that''s illegal.

its most likely not.
even if he was doing something - its not like he''s outside doing it.

the best thing to do is to write a little note and put it on his door.
to either turn down the TV or close his door.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jelly, I''m all for making light of nearly all situations! I probably get that from my grammy who, when she had her boob removed because of breast cancer couldn''t stop joking about being lopsided and falling over, stuffing socks in her bra, etc. She laughs her way through everything and given she''s nearly 90 and still having a good time, I guess that''s the best way to go in life!

I DO suspect he''s a serious perv, but that doesn''t mean we can''t joke about it. After all I''m the one who suggested sending paper airplanes and stink bombs over.
2.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Why dont you find out which apt he''s in, and send him a letter saying that his neighbors have video taped this and are going to send it to the police and his parents if he doesn''t shut his windows/doors while watching...Operation Mortify...unless of course he''s an exhibitionist...in which case that would backfire. No pun intended.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have been conflicted on whether or not to shout over, "Excuse me, but could you either turn it down or shut your door? I don''t really want to be listening to your ****."
2.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol FG!!! I would definitely shout over!
9.gif

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 2:42:05 AM
Author: surfgirl
Why dont you find out which apt he''s in, and send him a letter saying that his neighbors have video taped this and are going to send it to the police

you cant really blackmail/threaten someone to send it into the police if its not illegal. lol

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
At least complain to the association. They''ll send him a letter telling him they received a complaint, and he should get the point.

My condo association always sent around letters to everyone. "Residents have complained about other residents gathering on the fire escapes and talking after the 10 p.m. curfew." I wonder what your letter would say . . . "Residents have complained about adult movies being played with the doors open. Please be mindful of the volume and subject matter of material played for all residents to hear."

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 4:56:52 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
At least complain to the association. They''ll send him a letter telling him they received a complaint, and he should get the point.

My condo association always sent around letters to everyone. ''Residents have complained about other residents gathering on the fire escapes and talking after the 10 p.m. curfew.'' I wonder what your letter would say . . . ''Residents have complained about adult movies being played with the doors open. Please be mindful of the volume and subject matter of material played for all residents to hear.''
Phoneixgirl, you are too cute! You made me laugh by saying what you think the letter might say. LOL
2.gif

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
You should do what we used to do back in the college dorm. Shout as loud as you can: "TURN THAT SH*T DOWN A**HOLE!"

''course as often as not that would result in said sh*t getting turned up even louder!

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
Sorry IG could help and need to laugh a bit. Not at you but the situation. Next time just call him on it really loud.
ie: [screaming] Is that **** you are watching[/screaming]
hopefully everyone in the buildings will hear.

oh and this made me laugh, maybe because its from a guys point of view

Well, what a gorgeous sunny Saturday we had here! I had some work to do so thought I''d head out onto the balcony to enjoy the weather while I finished it up. My condo is in a highrise with another highrise close by and we all have balconies and a few people were out. The buildings are close enough that I could chat to my neighbours in the next building if I raised my voice a little.

Soooo... my neighbour across the ''way'' in the other building (on the same floor as me but not the same building) had left the door to his balcony open and I could see him sitting just inside watching tv. And ladies, GUESS what came blaring out of his place?

****!

At first I couldn''t figure out what the weird noises were. ''What is he WATCHING?'' Naive little me thought to myself. But it rapidly became unmistakable.

It was so disgusting! I thought about throwing something across teh way with a note attached ''Yo, Perv! Shut your door!'' But I thought the better of it.

Anyway, that forced me back into the house. Hard to... uh... concentrate.

I hope he doesn''t keep that up (er... sorry) all summer.

GRRRROOOOSSSS!!!! Who DOES that? I mean, for the most part I don''t care what people do behind (ahem) closed doors, but please! people CLOSE YOUR DOOR!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
20.gif
Oh, DMBfan. You MEN!
4.gif

(I confess that some of those ''double entendres'' were intentional and meant to be funny!)

How are ya? Haven''t seen you around much. How about posting an update?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally, I''m not sure I''d say anything. He might be the type who liked to know you are watching him watch...if that makes any sense.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is not so much about legal or not, but clearly, you should not have to listen to this. If he is a perv, you have more of an issue. It would not seem to me that a normal person does not realize that if he leaves the window open people will hear his tv, especially with the volume up and the proximity to other balconies. He just needs to be told that it can be heard, it is offensive and it needs to stop. Maybe get in contact with his building''s management and have them put it under his door or send him their own letter, without mentioning your name. Whatever his motives, at this point, he is not necessarily breaking any laws (maybe noise laws or deceny laws since it is audible outside of his place)...so you just have to nip this. Hopefully he is just lonely and did not mean for others to be part of his choices, and it will stop.

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 12:53:39 AM
Author: diamondfan
I think it is not so much about legal or not, but clearly, you should not have to listen to this. If he is a perv, you have more of an issue. It would not seem to me that a normal person does not realize that if he leaves the window open people will hear his tv, especially with the volume up and the proximity to other balconies. He just needs to be told that it can be heard, it is offensive and it needs to stop. Maybe get in contact with his building''s management and have them put it under his door or send him their own letter, without mentioning your name. Whatever his motives, at this point, he is not necessarily breaking any laws (maybe noise laws or deceny laws since it is audible outside of his place)...so you just have to nip this. Hopefully he is just lonely and did not mean for others to be part of his choices, and it will stop.

for all we know this was the first time he''s done this.
it could have been a simple mistake that he left the door open.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
How many times is not the point here. One time or many, he should still know that it is audible to the neighbors and upsetting to them. If he knows that and is doing it for a thrill, he needs to know this is not okay. Hopefully then there will not be another incident.

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 3:12:18 AM
How many times is not the point here. One time or many, he should still know that it is audible to the neighbors and upsetting to them. If he knows that and is doing it for a thrill, he needs to know this is not okay. Hopefully then there will not be another incident.

you''re assuming he''s doing it for the thrill of it.

and he cant know its audible and upsetting the neighbors if no one told him to please turn it down.

Im saying, yes, its possible he''s an exhibitionists, but, its also very possible that it was a mistake to leave the door open.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry MAG! I''m not getting up a posse or anything.
10.gif

I''m pretty sure he knew people could hear it. It was REALLY loud, and he was sitting right in the doorway. But I''ll only ask their condo association to drop him a note if it happens again. And I promise I won''t threaten, abuse, harass, intimidate, sue, or otherwise harm him if he hasn''t actually done anything illegal.

It was gross, but it was more ''funny gross'' than ''scary gross''. Partly because we don''t live in the same building. If he was my across-the-hall neighbour, I confess I''d be pretty creeped out.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 12:23:07 PM
Author: Mag00
Date: 4/24/2007 3:12:18 AM

you're assuming he's doing it for the thrill of it.

and he cant know its audible and upsetting the neighbors if no one told him to please turn it down.

Im saying, yes, its possible he's an exhibitionists, but, its also very possible that it was a mistake to leave the door open.

Actually you should read my post, I am not ASSUMING anything. I said IF. There are two scenarios. He knows and wants people to hear or he does not, and needs to be told. IF he is told and he does continue, then the issue is different. I personally do not think someone with another building and balcony that close did not have any idea of sound carrying, but maybe he did not. Now is the time to tell him, somehow, that it is audible and to close his door. OP also said he was BLARING the sound, it was not on low.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I think Diamondfan is right. Maybe I should have the building''s condo assoc. drop him a note now and not wait for next time. If he IS a perv, he should know it''s not on, if he ISN''T, he would probably WANT to know, and be embarassed about it.

Incidentally, since the Saturday **** Incident, he hasn''t opened any of his blinds. WEIRD.

Oh no! Does it make me a stalker that I actually noticed that?
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results