shape
carat
color
clarity

Discount with Whiteflash

I am very new and have no idea what I am looking for, I do know that going into the stores here I never want to return and think this may be a good way to stay away so I am looking to buy online.

I first thought Bluenile but am really turned off on the fact that they do not inspect their diamonds and then read about H&A and Whiteflash so I guess this is kind of important and have focused my attention there.

I am looking at H/VS1 1 Carat H&A and saw somewhere that if registered with PS you get a discount on WF.

How do pricescope users get a discount on Whiteflash?

Also what currency does Whiteflash prices show in? is it American or Canadian or is it where you are from they automatically are reflected in your home currency?

Thanks In Advance!!

PS - feel free to comment on color and clarity - although I do not really want to go below VS1 and not thinking its worth the extra 2K for VVS1/2 and for color if I drop to an F I am looking at maybe 0.8 carats???? who knows what the size difference really is????

slg47

Ideal_Rock
just mention you are on PS!

As far as I know prices are shown in USD.

H/VS1 sounds nice :) I would not pay for higher clarity, you will not see a difference between VVS1 and VS1. You also won't see a difference with VS2, but nothing wrong with wanting VS1.

so I have to call and speak to someone? And thank you for your comments!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yes I would call them!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
or live chat on their website. :bigsmile: I'd even go down to VS2 and see if you can get a higher color

My fear is I have read that people and many other sources say a VS2 does occasionally not show eye-clean and I do not want any inclusions that eventually could be seen by the naked eye.

What is more important or what would one want:

F and 0.8-0.9 Carats
H and 1.0 Carat?

Is the difference between H&F that large in a platinum setting?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
no_idea_dont_really_care|1305149757|2919002 said:
My fear is I have read that people and many other sources say a VS2 does occasionally not show eye-clean and I do not want any inclusions that eventually could be seen by the naked eye.

What is more important or what would one want:

F and 0.8-0.9 Carats
H and 1.0 Carat?

Is the difference between H&F that large in a platinum setting?

in a 1 carat round brilliant I think it would be extremely rare if a VS2 was not eye-clean. I would probably pick H and 1 carat, H is still near colorless. however, people have different priorities!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
you wouldn't really see it with naked eyes for VS2, just have to ask them and make sure it's eye clean. My SI1 is eye clean. it's not really hard to find eye clean VS2 (of course be sure it's GIA or AGS graded)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
what's your budget for the diamond?

Looking around 9-10K for round - I do not know if the Whiteflash ACA are considered round brilliant but would think so. Also they all seem to say eye clean and will come with the AGS report.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I got my stone from BGD and it's absolutely gorgeous. Brian actually speaks to you and he's extremely patient. I am paranoid about inclusions so he actually took the diamond out of the vault many times to examine it for me. I personally think a VS2 is good if you want eye clean AND mind clean. But I agree with the other poster, there's nothing wrong with wanting a VS1. But I would want a bigger rock if a VS2 looks exactly like a VS1 to me :twirl:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104049676006

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think the one you posted looks great!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1305161025|2919176 said:
I think the one you posted looks great!

I do, too! I happen to have an H VS1, so I think it is a great choice! :bigsmile: It will be a softer white as opposed to an icy white, but I think it is a great color that allows you to step up in size!

So can we help you pick out a setting now?!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
The last one you picked is beautiful but put a hold on it if you are interested. They tend to disappear when nice ones pop up on PS and get commented on. Lots of lurkers around.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results