shape
carat
color
clarity

Disappointed with ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all,

My hubby very kindly bought me a ruby ring yesterday as our local jeweller was having a 50% sale but I was really rushed through the whole transaction by the sales lady and didn''t have a chance to really look closely at it. When I got home I got out my 30x magnifying lense thingy and was soooo disappointed. They ruby looks more like a garnet (strange brown undertone!) and the tiny side diamonds don''t even match - two are brilliant cut and two aren''t!!! Also she said it was only made recently ie. brand new but there are some big scratches on the ring and it looks worn to me. I showed it to some friends and the stone was so dark (when not in shop lights) that she thought it was a black sapphire.
39.gif

Hubby said if you aren''t happy 100% take it back so I want to. We paid with credit.
I just wanted to check can I take it back tomorrow? Is there any reason they can say no refunds?

I am so sad about this - it was such a romantic gesture but now I can barely look at it I am coz all i can see is flaws. I want my original ruby e-ring back but the same jeweller has had it for ages. She was meant to be getting me a quote to get some sidestones set but everytime I go in she says it''s not back from her jeweller yet it''s now been over a month and I''m getting pretty angry. Sorry I know this is a side issue but thanks for letting me vent.

Any advise on how to approach this would be great. Can I ask for her personal jewellers phone number and ask him directly?

Thanks again.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does your receipt say? Store policies are usually printed on the back of the receipt. I''m so sorry to hear about how disapppointed you are.

As for your original ruby - there is absolutely no reason why the jeweller should be keeping your stone for a month. I would ask for my ring back and get a quote from someone else.
29.gif

knitwit

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure what to say about your recent purchase. That is really unfortunate. As far as the return policy, was there anything posted that said "final sale" or "no returns"? If not perhaps you can still return the ring.

As far as your other ring, do you trust the jeweler that you dropped it off at? Have you worked with them before and had a good experience?

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry that you have to go through this. I don''t see any reason that you shouldn''t get a full refund. Worst case you can kill the transaction with credit card.

If I were you, I would have demanded your ruby ring back with one or two day advanced notice. They don''t have the right to hold your ring!

Lastly please be sure to explain to your hubby about the reason you want to return the ring - so he won''t be discouraged. It was a very sweet gesture of him!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all your advice.
36.gif

There is nothing on the receipt that says otherwise so I''m going to take it back tomorrow. If they try to say no I''ll kick up a stink coz I sure i''m entitled to return it. I think I''ll also demand my other e-ring back, honestly I''m starting to get scared that her jeweller has lost it or broken it coz why else would it take over a month just to get a quote for sidestone settings. She gets parcels from him about twice a week so I cannot understand what is taking so long to return it to me!???
29.gif

Anyway I''ll go and see them tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE: Got a full refund no problems and finally got my ruby engagement ring back HOORAY!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad it was worked out to your satisfaction. Do you have any pictures?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m happy to hear you were able to return it.

On another note, I''d love to see pics of your ruby e-ring!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad that this resulted in a happy ending!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad everything worked out so well for you.
36.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Glad everything turned out well. Can wee see pics of YOUR ruby ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results