shape
carat
color
clarity

Dirt Cheap Diamond was simply terrific...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TimKC

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to share my experience with DCD. I initially made arrangements to purchase a stone from another online broker and after they received my money and billed my credit card I was informed that the stone I wanted was no longer available. Obviously disappointed and very leery about making another online transaction for such an expensive item, I happened upon DCD’s site and found both a setting and a center stone that seemed too good to be true. However, my money was still tied up with the other broker. I called DCD and spoke with Josh, who contacted the jeweler and wholesaler and assured me of the availability of the items I was interested in. I explained my financial predicament and they not only agreed to hold the stone form me, but also agreed to have the stone set (a ten day process due to my custom order) without any money sent up front. The ten days was enough time to get my finances squared away and the ring was delivered the day after my wire transfer went through.
A few days after receiving the ring (which is gorgeous) I had it appraised and…the center stone matched the certificate, the setting matched the specs and the ring was appraised for twice what I paid for it!
My Ring:
1.43 ct, H, VS-2, Tolkowsky Ideal Cut, EGL Cert.:$6300
Set in Plat. with 1 ct channel set princess: $2000

DiamondDealHunter

Rough_Rock
Wow that sounds great. Congratulations. Glad to hear about your experience as I am shopping for my ring as well. Not the first time I heard good info about DCD. Just curious, what type of diamond is it and did you get to see the stone first or just trusted the info you got.

Thanks
Sergio

Genglish

Rough_Rock
I should receive my diamond in the mail tomorrow from DCD. Been great so far, but I guess the final test is the look of the diamond, and it's appraised value! Soooo nervous not seeing the diamond and spending so much cash! But, it is certified...so we'll see!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spectacular deal!!! I think I worked with Josh too while I was talking with DCD. In the end we bought offline, but we were seriously considering a DCD diamond, I was just a litle put off that I couldn't see any pix of the stone before purchasing, and it was an SI1 so I was a little paranoid about it being eye-clean.

Congrats!

TimKC

Rough_Rock
The diamond is a round 1.43 ct, H, VS-2, Tolkowsky Ideal Cut, EGL Cert.:$6300.

I wasn't able to see the diamond ahead of time, however I was sure to schedule an apprasal during DCD's seven day return period, that way if it didn't match the cert., or just looked crapy, I could send it back.

Although I didn't take advantage of it, I know that DCD will send the stone to be appraised before you buy it, you will have the opportunity to hear what the appraiser has to say about the stone before you commit, then if it sounds good the appraiser will send it to you (or if you are close enough you can pick it up).

I know that I was very nervous to buy a diamond, site-un-seen, but I believe that if you are willing to roll the dice, there are a lot of great deals to be found on the net. My advice is to only deal with companies that have a written return policy (normally 7, 10 30 day windows to return) and always arrange an appraisal during that window...let's face it you and I aren't experts (at least I know I'm not), it's woth the money spent on the appraisal for peace of mind (and you'll probably need one if you insure the ring)

Best of luck to you!
wacko.gif

TimKC

Rough_Rock
Genglish-
Please let us know how it looks once you get it!
If you feel comfotable doing so, let us know about the diamond too! (specs, price, etc.)

Good Luck and I hope your experience turns out as good as mine has

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results