shape
carat
color
clarity

Dirt cheap Dia. is the best

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Hello again,
The stone came in Tues. - It''s beautiful!!. Jim wasn''t kidding when he said I''d be pleased. I apologize in advance for the long post but I have to share a funny story about getting it. At least I can laugh now, but I thought I was going to have to go the the ER at the time. I went to FedEx to pick up "the package". I signed for it and the guy a the counter said, "Oh, I had that package a while ago - I processed it". I smiled thinking, "I wonder if you know inside it could be my dream 2ct stone that looks like a flashlight!!!"...I just smiled and nodded. I took the package to the car and couldn''t wait..I know, I know, but yes, I did - I opened it in the car. The first box...then the box inside it....then to the FedEx envelope...then to the cert. and shuffled out the tissue paper. I opened it and ....found nothing!
6.gif
yes that''s right nothing...but some pinpoint impressions on the tissue paper. My heart raced.. I started to think about the guy a the counter that had now been transformed to a FedEx punk. I rifled through the envelope and found the scope... then the loupe...then a ring box...I thought - Oh please God...I opened it and....HOLY S*#!...the box has a built in light, which was great as it was a rainy day in New England... and whoa...I just beamed - it did what it does best...sparkled
appl.gif
It was more beautiful than I expected. I got home and I louped it and couldn''t find the inclusions (2 small white feathers)..I looked for about a half hour then managed to spot them. I took it to a local B&M to have thme verify the measurements etc (I heard it''s a good precautionary measure; not that I didn''t believe Jim, but the ensure in case of future issues -the switched diamond post). He is GIA certified and felt it was not an SI1, which I purchased, but a VS2 - cooler yet. He commented on what a beautiful stone it was and that it was a good find.

Needless to say I owe this all to you guys and Jim at Dirt Cheap. I was working w/ Jim at Dirt Cheap and Martin at USA Certed, but wanted to keep my $ in the good ''ole USA, not to mention the return time etc if is wasn''t just right. Jim matched the price, worked w/ me on making sure this was the right one and had a great return policy - just in case. Even after the sale, he took time to talk at length w/ me RE: some other diamond grading questions and settings. I was so afraid to do this internet style - but I have seen the light so to speak...whoa do I see the light!!! I can''t stop staring at it. Now the setting...I really like Mara''s and Jeni''s too - decisions, decisions...Jim will definately be getting my business from now on...and one diamond is never enough... I am making the list...tennis bracelet...pendant...monster earrings....for now I just need help posting pics. How do I do that? I will borrow a digital camera from work tomorrow. I don''t own one - I spent all my $ on a diamond
3.gif

I will do my best - this is all I have for now.
Icelovr

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! The stone sounds very cool, what are the specs?
rodent.gif

Can't wait to see pictures...setting it is half the fun (and half the stress...so many settings, so little time!)

2.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! By your description, it appears that you've got a great diamond to be proud of. Yes do post pics .

rodent.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! We want pics!
9.gif
9.gif

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Hello G - and everyone else....I tried to get the camera from work today but missed out to another staff member - but I have it "reserved" for next week sometime. Can someone help me - what is the best way to take pics? It's a Sony something...how can I photo a loose stone?...

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Mara,
It's a 2.04 round, SI1/G - GIA.
8.20-8.22x4.93
Depth 60.2
Table 58
girdle - Medium (faceted)
Culet - None
Polish - VG
Symm - EX (8.20-8.22 - whoa!)
Four - None
One pinpoint at 11:00 - can't see under the loupe
Two white feathers - both about where the facets meet (nice hiding spot)

Sarin -
Crown angle - 33.9
Pav angle 40.6

HCA - 0.7
lickout.gif

Whadda ya think???
Icelovr

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice!! The specs sound excellent. Don't really have any picture tips other than be forewarned...it will take you hours and about 100 pictures to get 2 you want to post. Or maybe that's just me.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results