shape
carat
color
clarity

Dipping wedding bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eiffelgirl

Rough_Rock
Hello, All. When I got married, we were broooooooke (my husband moved here from France and wasn''t going to be able to work for a while, so I opted for a very simple gold band and no engagement ring because I knew I''d be the one paying for it
1.gif
). Now that we''re not, we''re looking into engagement rings or something of the sort. My question is, is there any way I can basically coat my gold band in platinum or even white gold to match the type of diamond ring I''m probably going to get? Our bands are engraved and my husband''s pretty set on me never taking this one off
1.gif
Little does he know that in the past 5 and 1/2 years, it''s been off my finger plenty
2.gif

I''m so bad. And kidding. Sort of
1.gif
But let me know. Thanks!

Cat

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 5/25/2004 2:41:24 PM eiffelgirl wrote:

My question is, is there any way I can basically coat my gold band in platinum or even white gold to match the type of diamond ring I'm probably going to get? Our bands are engraved and my husband's pretty set on me never taking this one off
1.gif
Little does he know that in the past 5 and 1/2 years, it's been off my finger plenty
2.gif

Cat ----------------

From what people have said, you can have it dipped in rhodium, among other things. Concerns, however:
1. I'm not sure that will work with the engraving at all. My guess is no.
2. It wears quite quickly when you wear the ring every day, so it'll show pretty fast.

How about wearing your ring on your right hand?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring is also engraved and I considered rhodium plating it and so I asked my jeweler and he gave me a horrified look. This procedure IS NOT recommended. The rhodium will wear unevenly and you'll be left with an unsightly ring.

Michelle

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
ha! my SO and I are going to take another look at a setting I loved at a custom jewlery shop. maybe I can try out that line on them for the shock-and-horror amusement value!
1.gif

hannah

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend received her egagement ring, which once belonged to his great-grandmother. A beautiful setting set in gold. As she doesn't like yellow gold, he took it to the jeweller and got it rhodium plated (this he did before proposing).

The egagement was last fall, and I just recently saw her (and her gorgeous ring). It's not as bright and shiny as the first time she had the ring. But it's still white-ish looking. Their jeweller said that the plating would have to be redone every so often to keep it's white metal look.

H.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results