shape
carat
color
clarity

dimend SCASSI - Alessandra Setting

Winkin

Rough_Rock
I have finally decided on a setting. The dimend SCASSI Alessandra setting (thanks to sIg for mentioning this).

Link: http://www.dimendscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=1-2B

After getting a chance to view the setting in person, they have two different models. One with a taper up to the stone (as seen in the link), and one without the taper (sorry, no pictures). I need help deciding which one! I have two thoughts:

1) The taper helps the diamond 'pop' more, so to speak.

2) I am concerned with the wedding band sitting flush. Should I be? I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on this matter. For you ladies, whether it bothers you that it doesn't sit flush, whether you have a taper and wish you didn't, etc? Also, does anyone have a custom wedding band that accommodates the taper in the e-ring? Does that work? Etc!

Any and all opinions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks guys :)

Big thank you to sIG: She happened to mention the setting in one of my previous threads. I also happened to be in Chicago (where they are located) for training, and was leaving later that day. I had just enough time to stop by and take a look at the setting prior to my flight. I had yet to have that 'this is the one' moment from a setting, but did with this particular one. Thank you so much sIG :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the setting as it is in the picture (with the taper). I do not think you should worry about the wedding band fitting flush. Many of us prefer a tiny gap so that the rings don't look like one big ring glued together. This ring does look like a wedding band would sit flush or nearly so, however. I would probably just get a low set diamond wedding band to go with it. Once she has the ring, you can take her somewhere like Tiffany's to try on a variety of syles of diamond wedding bands. All of their are set pretty low, and then you can decide whether to buy one of theirs or a similar one from a PriceScope vendor that carries similar quality and styles.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the wedding band would sit flush (according to our usual definition). When we talk about NOT sitting flush its because
the base of the basket pushes the wedding band out. This one tapers in right? So in that area there may be a small area
where you can see some skin but I dont consider that NOT sitting flush (if you know what I mean). I really like that setting
and the taper one would be my favorite of the two.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the taper ring. Think it would make the stone you chose pop, I agree with the other who say don't worry about the band it will look great even if there is a slight gap.

:bigsmile:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd vote for the taper band too!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely go for the taper too - I think it makes the stone look bigger!

Winkin

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I was heavily leaning towards the tapered version but definitely had some concerns. Needless to say, you guys have erased those worries. :bigsmile:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh I am so glad you are going with the tapered version! it is a beautiful setting :)

please come back and post pics of the finished ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results