shape
carat
color
clarity

Digital Picture Frame

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i received one for christmas and i really really like it. it comes with a black wood frame and a clear frame as well. it's from linen's n things.
i think it must be this one, except it's all black instead of the white inside with black frame.

http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2831731&cp=2165589&sr=1&origkw=digital+picture+frame&parentPage=family

it doesn't have the weird distortion. it's easy to work. plug in & drop the pics into the window on the computer. i think the resolution is plenty.
i uploaded several wedding pics and vacation pics and they are BEAUTIFUL on the screen. i was actually surprised at the quality.

here's the 8" version with 800x600 Pixel Screen Resolution for $150:

http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2831732&cp=2165589&parentPage=family&sr=1&origkw=digital+picture+frame&parentPage=family

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 6:02:52 PM
Author: aljdewey
Follow-up on this thread: I went to my parents house this weekend and heped her hook up the digital frame we bought for her; the 8'' Westinghouse! (http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=107)

We didn''t load stuff onto internal memory; I had purchased a 1gb SD card for $9.99 from Radio Shack and loaded the pics onto that. Plugged it in, loaded the card, and good to go.

That frame had a ''mosaic'' feature that allowed you to show 3-4 pictures at a time, but smaller sized. I turned that feature off since they wanted to see full-sized pics.

HUGE hit - Mom nearly started bawling she enjoyed the pictures so much. What an AWESOME thing these frames are!

This frame was on sale during the holidays for $119 at Best Buy!
I have to agree with alj, this frame is great! We bought one for each set of parents (new grandparents) and loaded them up with pictures of the baby and our wedding. Both sets of parents were practically crying when they saw these. The mosaic feature is great and the color on these is much better than the Pandigital which we tried out and returned. And they sure were a good deal at Best Buy!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 2:28:06 PM
Author: Mara
i''m still not sure what i am going to do re: a DPF for myself..

i was looking at the westinghouse 702 7'' one for $99 at amazon or buy.com, but it only has 480 resolution. i really want something like a 6 or 7 inch for my desk that has about 600+ resolution. i love the westinghouse mosaic picture option though.

hmmm. maybe i''ll wait a few months and see what else comes out!
Mara, I don''t think you''ll be able to get 600 resolution in that size.

The resolution is directly related to the format it displays. Wide angle screens display in 16:9 format (like the Kodak SV811 does and which most 7" frames do), so in resolution that translates to 800x480.

Frames that display in 4:3 format (which is the format for most photography) translate to 800 x 600 in resolution.

If you want 800 x 600 resolution, you''ll need to stick to a frame that displays in the 4:3 format. From what I''ve seen, the 7" frames only display in 16:9, so you''ll be out of luck.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2008 1:32:41 PM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 1/8/2008 2:28:06 PM
Author: Mara
i''m still not sure what i am going to do re: a DPF for myself..

i was looking at the westinghouse 702 7'' one for $99 at amazon or buy.com, but it only has 480 resolution. i really want something like a 6 or 7 inch for my desk that has about 600+ resolution. i love the westinghouse mosaic picture option though.

hmmm. maybe i''ll wait a few months and see what else comes out!
Mara, I don''t think you''ll be able to get 600 resolution in that size.

The resolution is directly related to the format it displays. Wide angle screens display in 16:9 format (like the Kodak SV811 does and which most 7'' frames do), so in resolution that translates to 800x480.

Frames that display in 4:3 format (which is the format for most photography) translate to 800 x 600 in resolution.

If you want 800 x 600 resolution, you''ll need to stick to a frame that displays in the 4:3 format. From what I''ve seen, the 7'' frames only display in 16:9, so you''ll be out of luck.
I''ll just wait a few months and who knows what will come out!! Technology moves amazingly fast these days. And if not...in something like 6 months, the Westinghouse and other frames that are 8" might be something like $50. I can hope!

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
I bought a digital frame two years ago from ceiva.com and it is still the best one I have ever seen. It was a little pricy but it worths so much.

here is what I got... http://www.ceiva.com/cstore/ct/cstore_catalog_8inch.jsp

great quality and stylish look...
emlove.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results