shape
carat
color
clarity

Digital Camera You Love

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
here's the pic that mz took at hearst castle with her canon.
3.gif

new11.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you, belle! i have this picture as a screen saver on my super humongous dell monitor!

peace, movie zombie

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny,

Your Canon sounds awful! The SD550 is not a replacement for an SLR in any way, shape or form! We are talking 2 different animals. There is a touch of shutterlag with the SD550, but in manual mode, my boyfriend gets excellent photos. The one I posted was taken the the first day I had the camera and I know nothing about photography. The colors are spectacular and yet not overdone. I wanted the tiny size so I''ll keep it with me...there is no way I''ll go to most of my kids'' events carrying a big camera and lenses. The macro on this camera works well, though I haven''t tried jewelry yet.

lawmax

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie,

Awsome photo! :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks, lawmax!

i really love this camera!

peace, movie zombie

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
That was an awesome picture you posted MZ. I really love my s2is also. Almost all my pictures turn out very nice. MZ I was sure hoping for an e-mail from you. Doug

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
doug, i send you an e-mail to the address you sent me. will try again tomorrow.

peace, movie zombie

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Well, another new owner here of the Canon SD550. I had the Canon Powershot G3, but my husband kept complaining that it was too big and he wanted something tiny to fit into his pocket so I went ahead and sold my G3 on ebay and then purchased the SD550.
I couldn''t decide on the SD 450 or the 550, but in the end I went with the higher megapixels and newer updated style.
The only thing so far that I don''t like, or not so much don''t like, but would have preferred, is the color. I got the beige one which is actual light champagne, I think the silver (or gray as they call it), looks better, but I could only find it at best buy and it was a lot more money than what I found online. I can''t justify spending about $75 more just to get it in silver.
20.gif

I haven''t tried the macro mode yet, but I am hoping I can take nice close ups like my G3.

Perhaps I shouldn''t have sold imy G3, but I couldn''t justify having two cameras, esp. since the G3 would never be used, now that we have this one.
2.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
My Nikon D200 is pretty cool so far. Lotsa adjustability.
25.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I also have a Canon SD550 now. I received it for Christmas to replace my previous Canon S400 that my daugher made off with. So far I think it is a terrific camera and I really don''t mind the strange goldish color. I love the bigger display screen and the instant button to transfer pictures to the computer.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I recently got the Nikon Coolpix 7900. It''s a great little Point-and-shoot with a lot of professional features...So far, I''ve been quite impressed with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results