shape
carat
color
clarity

Diffused sapphire??yes or no opinion needed

ioannis

Rough_Rock
Trade
Dear sir or maddame i own a blue sapphire which is diffused.Online i saw one similar to color and its internal characteristics...problem is its certified by IGI and its not stated as diffused but only as thermaly enhanced.Based on the photo is someone able to let me know if its diffused or only heated..Thank you in advance...

_20160406_000121.jpg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't think anyone can tell you if it's diffused or not via a photo.

ioannis

Rough_Rock
Trade
At the eleven o clock i spot something like a splash....could that be evidence of diffusion?

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is difficult to provide an opinion on the photo of the stone you have posted. In regards to diffusion treated sapphires I have found this information from the GIA web site to be helpful in providing background information on this type of treatment for corundums:

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?blobcol=gfile&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&blobheadername2=MDT-Type&blobheadername3=Content-Type&blobheadervalue1=attachment%3B+filename%3DThe-Identification-of-Blue-Diffusion-Treated-Sapphires&blobheadervalue2=abinary%3B+charset%3DUTF-8&blobheadervalue3=application%2Funknown&blobkey=id&blobtable=GIA_DocumentFile&blobwhere=1355958396200&ssbinary=true

I hope this helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results