shape
carat
color
clarity

Difficult time deciding....Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boody09

Rough_Rock
I am having a horribly difficult time choosing between these two princess cut diamonds.
Please give advice, opinion and feedback. Thank you.

Diamond #1 1.15ct, E, SI1 $5200

GIA report indicates Girdle is Med to Sl Thick

1.16ct Sarina.gif

boody09

Rough_Rock
Diamond #2 1.2 ct, H, VS1 $4700

GIA report indicates Girdle is Med to Sl Thick

1.2 ct Sarina.jpg

boody09

Rough_Rock
Here is a pic of the 1st diamond (1.15ct)
Inclusions appear to be more in the periphery....I assume this one will be eye clean based on plot

1.16ct Actuala.jpg

boody09

Rough_Rock
Finally, here is a pic of the 1.2ct. I don't think much can be said about the pic.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

diamond1_2a.jpg

boody09

Rough_Rock
Oh by the way....I am ordering today. I am strongly considering getting both to compare, but am second guessing that idea since I don't want to incur additional charges.

1.15ct is $5200

1.2ct is $4700

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Wow hard one... Initially I would have thought go with the higher color, but now I'm thinking go with the higher crown height. I think both tables are great, but maybe you'll get some extra kick with the higher crown height. Is this an internet order? How long is the return period? Maybe getting both is a good idea, compare them, appraise them, see them in all kinds of light, make a better informed decision!
1.gif

Let us know whatever you decide!
Colleen

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Also, why is the one girdle of 1.8 extra thin but the 1.9% is medium??

boody09

Rough_Rock
Yes Colleen, it is an internet order (return period is 10 or 30 day, since they are different vendors). My considerations match yours identically (color vs. crown). I may have to get both. I just didn't want to spend the extra $50-100 for shipping if the decision could be made easier which seems unlikely to happen soon.

Whiteflash for 1.15ct
IceStore for 1.2ct

boody09

Rough_Rock
Girdle grading by Sarin is different compared to GIA.

Med to Slightly Thick by GIA tells me that they are both SAFE.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oh no! tough call! Well, I don't know why, but #1 is calling. Pictures can be deceiving, and the second pic isn't that great....but I'm going to go with #1. SOmething about it...and the fact that it's an E ... that's going to be some CHILLY ice!
1.gif
If you order one and then return it, by the time they credit your card, a week could pass...but I think the other stone will still be there!

boody09

Rough_Rock
Well I went ahead and ordered the 1.15ct from whiteflash. I am still considering (with much hesitation) ordering the 1.2ct from IceStore since I would like to compare side by side. I really just wish IceStore could have at least given me an idealscope image, but he seemed to either not have one or ignore my requests. That would have at least helped to determine if it was worth seeing.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
it's from icestore? don't get me started. I emailed them to see if a stone was available (70 depth, 65 table), they email me back and offer me a 73 depth, 75 table, 65 depth, 75 table and say...well, these are available and "identical" in terms of cut quality. GIVE ME A BREAK. I told them I'd do business elsewhere!

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
I agree, always go with the vendor that earns your respect and business!

Colleen

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Hi - tough call! I would have gone with no. 1, too. If you are really disappointed when you see it, maybe you still order the other one for comparison (whiteflash 30 dya rtn adn other store 10 day - right)?

Let us know when you get it! Congrats!

boody09

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, it's the other way around. WF is 10-day policy and IceStore is 30-day.

Moremoremore, Thanks for the heads up on IceStore. I usually get a mixed feeling from Ariel over there. He has been pretty helpful thus far and has not offered inferior stones as alternatives.

FYI: The nice thing is.... I will be getting the stone tomorrow and taking it to my jeweler who has offered to do a brilliance scope on it. I think he may be a little interested to see what can be found on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results