shape
carat
color
clarity

Different shapes and prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been doing a little research and it seems that RB are typically more expensive than other cuts...I''ve looking specifically at Radiants. On WF, they have radiants that they say are "ideal." What does that mean as far as radiants go? Does it mean that like RB''s the cut, symmetry, polish, etc must fall within certain standards? As I''ve been reading here I think I''ve seen several times that there really isn''t a set ideal cut for radiants. I''m confused!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

Round brilliant cut diamonds are cut from diamond rough which is more expensive for the cutters to purchase than the diamond rough used for fancy shape diamonds and with exception of the marquise brilliant, more diamond rough is lost during the cutting process to produce a round brilliant cut diamond of desireable proportions than is lost to produce a fancy shape diamond.

There is not an official proportions rating for fancy shape diamonds which is reliable at this time. And there is not an established criteria for the use of the term "Ideal" as it pertains to the proportions of a diamond. Thus the term "Ideal" might mean one thing with one vendor and something entirely different with another vendor.

The Radiant Cut Diamond was invented by Henry Grossbard of The Radiant Cut Diamond Company in 1976 and has been reproduced by many companies over the years but we still buy our Radiant Cut Diamonds from Henry because they seem to have something special about them. According to Henry, there isn''t a range of proportions which is published as being "Ideal" for a Radiant Cut Diamond, there is just what it is supposed to be and what isn''t...

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the response. I really like the looks of the radiant cut but am a little wary of them for the reason there are no standards like there is with RB. If I buy off the internet, how do I know I am getting a good cut? Seems kinda scary!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results