shape
carat
color
clarity

Difference in GIA vs Independent Appraiser

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anamg

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and new to diamond purchasing. Very urgent. Help.

Please help me with the slight difference in appraiser vs GIA cert. for an emerald cut stone. The carat, clarity, polish & symmetry are the same. i.e. D, VVS1, vg, vg. There is a one percent diff in measurement and proportions. The major issue for me are the inclusions and flourescence.

GIA rates fluorescence as NONE and the Indep Appraiser says it is Faint blue.
GIA identifies two extra facets and one pinpoint on table, and Indep Appraiser identifies three extra facets and two other pin point areas on pavillion (pavillion is the bottom part right?

Do these differences still make them the same stone? The independent appraiser says YES, since 1% variation is acceptable and when it is faint blue GIA may rate it none. How significant is this faint blue issue? The vendor is a reputable one at a fancy location.

ALso he said, GIA used to have two people identify the stone but only one certifies so consistency and accuracy has gone down compared to before?
Please advise asap. Thank you very very much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results