shape
carat
color
clarity

Difference between mint garnet & green aquamarine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
What would be the visual differences between mint garnet & green aquamarine? (I know the garnet would be a lot more brilliant.) Do you think I could find a green aqua in the color of a mint garnet, though?

Thanks.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would be tough to find an Aqua/ green beryl with the saturation of a nice green garnet.

There was some nice beryl coming out od Madagassacar that came close though.

Please excuse my spelling.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not sure I''ve seen any green aqua that is comparable to a mint green. Most aquamarines have a gray undertone that gives it away.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In Nigeria, they mind a stone they call an Emerald. It''s really a light green beryl. Aquamarine is a blue beryl, Morganite a pink beryl, and emerald a green beryl.
These Nigerian emeralds are a light minty color, and to me are not really emerald, but rather a green beryl, or green aquamarine. The color is very pretty, and minty green. I may have some small pieces of rough left over, if I get a chance I''ll photograph them and post them here.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn''t John Dyer have some special aquamarine that looks very minty green?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gene. Please do post that when you can.

Thanks TL. However, I do not have John Dyer budget.
23.gif

Thanks Chrono. Thanks Color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results