shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Difference between G and F color - Is there a visible difference?

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by clmaclean, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clmaclean
    Rough_Rock

by clmaclean » Apr 3, 2003
    Is there a visible difference between F and G color of a round diamond? Would you go F and Ideal or G and Premium/Very good.

2. DiamondExpert
    Brilliant_Rock

by DiamondExpert » Apr 3, 2003
    It depends on the cut quality, shape, size (ct. wt.)of the stone, and your color acuity.

What looks best to your eye?

3. Mara
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Mara » Apr 3, 2003
    It really depends on your eye. Some people on here say they can see the difference between D and F. Others say D and E. Others say D and H. But the D/E/F designations are colorless range. G is right after F. In my book that makes it still pretty darn colorless. Also I have a G stone and it looks really white. Then again my stone reflects alot of white light back as a BIC.

You mention F ID or G VG. What is the price difference? If they were the same, I'd choose F Ideal..why not? What is your priority...color over cut? Cut over color? I'd choose cut over color...ideal all the way. So that again means F. But if the G VG is better for your budget, chances are you are fine there too. Preference [​IMG]

4. Iceman
    Brilliant_Rock

by Iceman » Apr 4, 2003
    In the real world ~

It doesn't matter! They will look the same. You get the diamond out of that sterile
    world of great lights and machines that can tell what diamond performs and what
    does not and into the average light, limiting conditions and grease and dust. The
    limited viewing is not under a microscope but at a distance.

Don't beat yourself up on the it, but a good question.

5. The Grudge
    Rough_Rock

by The Grudge » Apr 4, 2003
    My appraiser graded my G as an F.....If he can't tell the difference, then Joe Shmo will definately not be able to tell the difference.

6. Iceman
    Brilliant_Rock

by Iceman » Apr 4, 2003
    The diamond in a mounting , your right even an appraiser has to guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.