shape
carat
color
clarity

Difference between Blue Nile Signature Ideal and Hearts on Firs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tall Hall

Rough_Rock
Howdy,

I have been looking through this site for over two trying to educate myself on the big step I am about to take. I am looking at buying an engagement ring. I have compared many diamonds and read much about the 4C''s. I really like the reflectance of a Hearts on Fire diamond, but I don''t like the price. I am wondering if there is any difference between a Hearts on Fire diamond and any diamond that is an ideal cut?

I am looking very hard at Blue Nile''s Signature Ideal diamonds. Has anyone purchased any of these stones? I have read much about Blue Nile on this site and others. Please tell me what you think? If you need more info I would be glad to help as much as I can.

Thanks for helping in advance and have a great day.
6.gif

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
well,

much of what many people will tell you is that a "branded" diamond is no different than an unbranded one. Which can be true. there is no reason that another stone could not be cut to be identical to an EightStar or an A Cut Above Diamond. However, with branding comes certain standards that make it easier to know what you are going to get. But with that brand comes additional premium. As for Hearts on Fire, they are just like any other H&A diamond that you will see. The Blue Nile Signature series of diamonds is a similar idea, they have certain set of "ideal" standards that all of their diamonds meet. however, it does not mean that they will be identical, nor does it guarantee that the diamond will be an H&A. For what it is worth, Blue Nile is the big dog, they are safe, and you will get a nice diamond or your money back(but will pay a bit more). If money is a cheif concern, and you have time, i would shy away from them. i would run like hell from a Hearts on Fire. It is the Abercrombie & Fitch of the diamond world. flashy with lots of adds, and everyone thinks it is the best because they don't know better.

Of all the diamonds that people discuss i would recommend EightStars or A Cut Above. While the EightStar is tougher to track down and does cost extra. so you may wish to get an ACA, or if you really want to put in the time, and save some money, try getting an unbranded h&a from a vendor. many would be willing to help out.

Many will tell you that one kind is "the best" or the other sucks. truth be told, if you get something you love, then you are doing just fine.
just some general thoughts to help out.

Tall Hall

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the information. The more knowledge I can learn about this whole process the better. I will definetly spend some time looking for an Eightstar and H&A diamonds. I will try to stay away from Hearts on Fire, for the sake of price.
read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results