shape
carat
color
clarity

Difference between a Radiant and a Princess Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fali

Rough_Rock
What are the specific differences between a Radiant and a Princess Cut diamond.

And does anyone have any comments on the Elara diamond.

Taa.
:appl:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Radiant has the corners cut off like an emerald cut, and the sparkles are a little larger (appearance of less facets). Radiants do not very often have good ideal-scope performance - especially rectangular ones.
Elara?
Have you seen the Spring cut?

fali

Rough_Rock
I haven't seen the Spring Cut. What's it like?

Elara is diamond pending patent. www.elaradiamond.com. Tell me what you think.

thanks

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
http://www.whiteflash.com/wf/acut/spring.asp
That Ealra website is the most annoying I have ever visited.

The Elara will look like a square round diamond = Flanders.

Could be nice - but will not perform as well as a round - why not buy a round and be done woth it?

fali

Rough_Rock
Yep, the Elara website is a pain in the butt.

I prefer the look of an emerald cut (which I already had prior to looking for an engagement ring) - or a princess cut diamond.

My husband (supplier of the diamond - most upset that I have damaged current diamond) likes the brilliant cut - hates the princess cut - he says it doesn't sparkle enough - with an F colour.

I have very small fingers - the biggest round diamond I can wear without looking excessive (read look really really stupid) is under 0.4 - ideally I wanted 1.0 for an engagement ring until I went looking. (Most of my girlfriends can wear my engagement ring as a pinky ring).

The Fire Rose was a compromise for the both of us.

I am looking at the Elara - we like both like it because as you said its a square round diamond. I am looking at it for a pendant - I don't have room on my finger for an eternity band.

Thanks for the help.

Do you know any reputable jewellers in the Boston - greater Boston area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results