shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you search for a diamond/retailer based on ethical mining practices?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I am married, but my husband and I are currently planning to FINALLY purchase our wedding bands and an engagement ring for me. However I don''t want a "blood diamond" or any diamond mined in unethical practices or by children. Anyone else have similar concerns about this? Any tips on which businesses practice ethical diamond sales?
34.gif

jmona

Rough_Rock
hi Jewel! im in the same boat, me and my husband have been married for 6 years and when we got married he had no choice but to give me his ex rings and so i hated those rings not just having a center conflict diamond but cus they were his ex fiancees rings, and so they have stayed in the box all this years, i came across sitaragem dot com, gemesis and apollo, spoke to one rep from Apollo about half an hour ago and he explained that as of now, there are no bigged than .60cts colorless stones but you could find bigger than that from gemesis in fancy yellow or orange and so i have told my husband i would settle for one of these, since i know he doesnt have the money for a real one and im uncomfortable about conflict diamonds anyways, he is in the Army about to be deployed in January and it was his idea to get me rings before he leaves and renew our vows before he takes off on another deployment.

EEFranklin

Shiny_Rock
Trade
All lab-grown diamonds are free from the ethical and environmental issues of mined diamonds. Traditional white diamonds are the most difficult to grow and are currently available up to around .60-.70ct, though larger in fancy blue or yellow. There are lab-grown diamonds and eco-friendly metals in all of our wedding bands and jewelry.

If you wanted a mined diamond, Brilliant Earth, Green Karat or C5 Company all specialize in ethically sourced jewelry, and I am sure some PSers could recommend others too. Canadian mined diamonds are normally suggested, though there are other countries with ethical mining practices as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results