shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you put any thought into your stamps?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t want to do the heart thing because I didn''t really love any of the heart stamps that are out right now, and the local post office only had hearts, breast cancer, forever, I think Rita Hayworth, and a couple others. So I looked online, and found the perfect stamps for us.

Black, blue, gray and white...and Frank Sinatra, which is entirely fitting considering that Vegas would not be what it is today without the Rat Pack and Ol'' Blue Eyes.

Its sad that I''m so excited about the stamps.

Also, I bought a bunch of them even though I know the stamp prices are going up because they were so perfect, and because our invites are going to cost A LOT more to ship than our STDs. I''d rather have multiple of these than some other not as perfect stamp!

Ol blue eyes stamps.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
yes, I know I want awesome ones but haven''t decided yet.

Those stamps are fantastic good choice :D

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
What a great find! That is so exciting that it fits so perfectly with your theme too! I would be so excited!! I haven''t even started looking at stamps, but last year had some personal stamps made up of a picture of me and my fiance. They were gorgeous but cost us an arm and a leg for not very many, so I don''t think we will be going that route again. My fiance would die if he saw your stamp as he is a HUGE Sinatra fan. Unfortunely we are from Canada, I will just be happy if we don''t have a hockey player or maple leaf on ours.
14.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
So are you going to use multiples of these for your invites? I was thinking of just buying forever stamps until I read about brides putting effort into these...Is it normal? I would rather not spend the money.
40.gif
Not that it helps much.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous stamps.

I hadn''t thought of it to be honest.

Dee, can we chose our stamps in Oz?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 2:43:15 AM
Author: honey22
They are gorgeous stamps.

I hadn''t thought of it to be honest.

Dee, can we chose our stamps in Oz?

Yup we can, I already went to the AP site to have a look, I think they have more in store but you can also personalise them as well - thinking I might go that route :D.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I like those stamps - his eyes are SO blue!

It fits so well with your wedding - it really stinks that the stamp prices are going up though. I think I have like 37 cent stamps still bc I hardly use them
38.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Those are awesome stamps, Freke, and so appropriate for your wedding! Great find!

One of my darling bridesmaids had photo stamps with our picture on them made for us as a shower gift. It was so sweet and thoughtful! We''ll be using them for most of the invites.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 2:41:53 AM
Author: choro72
So are you going to use multiples of these for your invites? I was thinking of just buying forever stamps until I read about brides putting effort into these...Is it normal? I would rather not spend the money.
40.gif
Not that it helps much.
Yeah choro, I''ll use multiples of them for the invites. I think I got obsessed with them because I read about using color coordinated stamps in Martha Stewart
20.gif
. Then I found these and was sold. The only reason I didn''t buy the forever stamps is because my envelopes are probably going to weigh at least 2 oz each (yeah, it''s ridiculous) so I''d need multiples of the forever stamps anyway, or other funky stamps. So I wanted to get something I liked.
1.gif

The envelopes for the invites are going to be vellum with 1 whole sheet of cardstock, a thin piece of paper about 5.5x8", 1 smaller piece of card stock, 1 return envelope, and a ribbon. It will weigh quite a bit. Who knows, I could end up adding more to it too!

No worries Choro, you certainly don''t need to stress out about them!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I briefly thought of requesting special stamps, but when I went to the post office she just handed me a bunch and I didn't really get to choose, so I didn't push it. I ended up with some random one for the one international STD, 50 US state flag stamps (alphabetically up to Delaware), and 3 Lincoln ones. Pretty random selection!

Maybe when it's time to do invites I'll try to get something cool.

P.S. Those stamps are awesome I
30.gif
Sinatra!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I have put some thought in the stamps. I really want something that goes along with our city wedding so I am hoping that there is a skyline type stamp or something that represents Philadelphia. I am totally jealous that you found something that not only goes along with your wedding in Vegas (I almost said "Vegas wedding" but after the stigma thread I decided not to
3.gif
) but also your color theme! Those stamps couldn''t be more perfect!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had flower ones on our invites. Very pretty but it wasn''t hugely important to me.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I did the heart ones... purple for my invites and green for the thank yous. They just happened to change color... which made me happy since my primary color was green.

But yes, I gave it some thought... not a lot, but some.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t truly care about my stamps but when I saw this one, I knew it was the one!!

It is a photo of Audrey Hepburn and I just thought it was so classy.

(Stamp on the left)

octobersstamp.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I think I used heart ones for the STDs. I really LOVE our invite stamps though... they are the Tiffany ones. I found it very fitting since I was studying his work at the time.

stamp.png

E B

Ideal_Rock
We did. We had the "Love" stamps for the outer and for the return envelope, nature-themed stamps- fitting, since we were getting married outdoors.

Love the Sinatra stamps!

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
The Sinatra stamps are perfect - Nice find!!

I think we''ll put some definite thought into the stamps, even if most people won''t notice it''s nice to keep everything cohesive.
FI just put all regular liberty bell stamps on our engagement party thankyous and I was a little upset. But really it''s only engagement party so it''ll be OK I think LOL

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I am definitely putting thought into the stamps. For our save the dates, I think I''m going to use the sunflower stamps USPS currently has. Although I also LOVE the Sinatra stamps you chose - I''m just not sure if it would fit with our sunny/Florida/destination theme. The Sinatra stamps are PERFECT for your Vegas wedding - plus "blue eyes" totally works with your blue bling!

For invites I may splurge and do custom stamps (probably from Stamps.com) with a cute picture of FI & I.

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
Great thread Freke! I love the Sinatra stamps. This got me thinking about what I would like my stamps to be, since I hadn''t really checked into it. So I went to the usps website, and noticed they still had nutcracker stamps. Thought that would be kinda funny. hehehe.
31.gif

Then I found these, and thought they would be perfect for DB. What do you guys think?

I started laughing out loud as soon as I saw them. Someone has to get Musey in here to see.

disney.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I was just going to use any old stamp, but then my mom found these hearts, which were perfect because my wedding color is sage green. They look greyish on the website, but they''re really a beautiful muted sage.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of getting personalized stamps from Stamps.com but haven''t decided for sure yet.

lurkinglurker

Shiny_Rock
I get ridiculously excited about mail, so spent a lot of time thinking about my stamps. I love the Sinatra ones for your Vegas wedding! For our save the date I did a personalised one with a drawing of us that had been done from a photo by an etsy artist. I got a lot of comments on it! For the invites and return envelopes I used stamps from an artist on zillow.com http://www.zazzle.com/bluebonnet_road_u_s_postage_stamps-172928024429511182. They went well with our "hill country Texas wildflower" theme, and I''m obsessive enough that I even got special stamps for my bridal shower thank you notes http://www.zazzle.com/vintage_wedding_stamp_postage-172100059621435013 yeah.... perhaps a touch overboard.
emteeth.gif

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:28:47 AM
Author: oobiecoo
I think I used heart ones for the STDs. I really LOVE our invite stamps though... they are the Tiffany ones. I found it very fitting since I was studying his work at the time.

Oh I wish they were still making these Tiffany stamps since they would fit perfectly with my venue!

I don''t want to pay extra for custom stamps so we will probably go with whatever design they have available.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Weird-I was just thinking of stamps today. Not sure what I''m going to do for ours-I''m not really too keen on the wedding ones over here so might just go with the normal. I love those Frank Sinatra ones-they''re cool!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww....I''m glad you guys like them. I knew they were perfect as soon as I saw them. I think stamps are pretty awesome the more I think about it, little tiny pictures. When I put them on the STDs, they looked really great. The STD had a black envelope with silver writing on it, and the stamp looked fab. I''m going to have to save at least one stamp. If I hadn''t found these, I probably would have just gone with something normal.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Freke - They are perfect! I love them for you!!

We just went with the standart heart ones ... I think that the said "love" or something. The post office was busy and we just wanted to be done with it. Maybe for our invites we will figure out something more special to us.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 3:57:52 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Freke - They are perfect! I love them for you!!

We just went with the standart heart ones ... I think that the said 'love' or something. The post office was busy and we just wanted to be done with it. Maybe for our invites we will figure out something more special to us.
Ditto, they are going to be perfect for your wedding!! And like the "stigma" that you talked about in your other thread, this is one of those "touches" that will let everyone know, this is definitely NOT going to be a "Vegas Wedding"!!
1.gif

The colors on the stamp are beautiful as well. Congrats no the awesome find! Did you order them for the Thank You's as well?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find, Freke! Those are great!

For us, stamps weren''t a priority, so we''re using Forever stamps.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
sr08_058.jpg

I was convinced that no one would notice the stamps, so I went to the post office and bought the only 2 oz stamps they had at the time. They are the ones on the left. As you can see, they are pretty ugly. When he saw them, my fiance threw a fit and demanded that I purchase new stamps. We were already late sending out the invitations though, so I couldn''t drive around to multiple post offices or order different stamps online. So we ended up using the Michener stamps anyway, and got multiple comments from people asking us who the "old guy" on our stamps was, or commenting on the stamp''s ugliness.
20.gif
I think the whole situation is pretty silly.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
erm for our stds my mom sent me a big pack of stamps featuring nutcrackers which has nothing to do with us except that once we are married if the garbage doesnt get taken out there will be some nuts crackin hahahah im funny :)

im thinking of finding scrabble stamps for the invitations :) preferably with the letter R for both of our last names!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results