Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ex met his (future) wife in a club.

1. Be handsome.
2. Be attractive.
3. Don't be unattractive.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I met my ex (lasting 2 yrs) at the only gay bar in town.
I met my SO (8yrs and counting!!! woo hoo) at the same gay bar, 4 years later.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minidancer|1403659177|3700465 said:
I met DF at his parents' house! DF's brother and I were classmates and friends. DF's brother hosted a party celebrating the end of our first semester of law school. DF's brother was house-sitting, and DF "just happened to drop by" (aka came to the party hoping to meet someone). We met there, and hung out the rest of the night. :bigsmile:
:errrr: ..I was drunk that night :confused: ...did we do anything naughty?.. :naughty:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Nope, not at a club. I have only stepped into a club 1 or 2 times in my life. I met my husband while I was at work.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and we've been together for 15 years (married 13).

I had said I'd never meet my husband at a club. I hardly went to any, and when I did it wasn't to meet guys - just to dance and have some fun. But DH knew how to swing dance and I thought, hmm, this one might be different. Sure enough, he was! :D Never say never!

mr_kroshka

Rough_Rock
Dancing Fire|1403681047|3700653 said:
I met DF at his parents' house! DF's brother and I were classmates and friends. DF's brother hosted a party celebrating the end of our first semester of law school. DF's brother was house-sitting, and DF "just happened to drop by" (aka came to the party hoping to meet someone). We met there, and hung out the rest of the night. :bigsmile:
:errrr: ..I was drunk that night :confused: ...did we do anything naughty?.. :naughty:

That story is all over the internet :lol:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No hehe I avoid clubs as a rule.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We met through a grad school message board, one that's pretty damn good at hooking people up!

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
I met my husband at a bar, but it was at someone's birthday drinks in a bar. It's a nice bar, if we had gotten married in Sydney it would have been nice to have had pre pre wedding get together drinks and canapés there. I was running quite a bit at the time, and one of the girls I used to run with invited me to her boyfriends birthday drinks which was at this bar. My now husband was at the same birthday drinks as he played in the same touch footy team as her boyfriend. I thought he was cute and was really hoping we would speak. We met at this party, he asked me out on a few dates and two years later we got engaged! It feels really serendipitous how we met, if I hadn't been training for the half marathon, if my friend hadn't been dating this guy, if my husband hadn't been in the same touch footy team as her boyfriend... If people ask how we met I would most likely say through mutual friends...as technically though we were in a bar we were bought together by our mutual friends :))

I would have thought more people would meet at parties etc, it's interesting this thread!

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
mr_kroshka|1403713518|3700876 said:
Dancing Fire|1403681047|3700653 said:

That story is all over the internet :lol:

:oops: Oyy. Nope. Nada. Not even a first kiss until a proper date (not that I wouldn't have been willing (to share a kiss)). ;))

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Nah, I picked him up on the internet!

That's actually where I met most of my exes...

Maybe it's an age thing? (I'm 30)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I met my handsome husband in a nice restaurant during crazy Spring Break in Ft.Lauderdale. I was vacationing with my sis, he lived there. He kept making funny faces at me across the room. After he left I went over to his table and asked his friends why. They said he was looking for a girlfriend. :confused:
They invited us to a party at his house the next night.
It was love at first introduction -I only left him long enough to fly back to CO to get my dog & my car. We have a beautiful daughter who is now in her 30's.
[He died 4 years ago. Terrific human being. I guess after finding him that way I believe in fate! =) ]

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
Jimmianne|1403798478|3701496 said:
I met my handsome husband in a nice restaurant during crazy Spring Break in Ft.Lauderdale. I was vacationing with my sis, he lived there. He kept making funny faces at me across the room. After he left I went over to his table and asked his friends why. They said he was looking for a girlfriend. :confused:
They invited us to a party at his house the next night.
It was love at first introduction -I only left him long enough to fly back to CO to get my dog & my car. We have a beautiful daughter who is now in her 30's.
[He died 4 years ago. Terrific human being. I guess after finding him that way I believe in fate! =) ]

Aw, I love how you met. And your gutsiness and conviction :))

I am so sorry for your loss- sounds like you had a beautiful marriage.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I don't remember how we met. :oops: :oops:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I am so sorry about your dh. And I love your love story. Very romantic and sweet. I believe in fate too. (((Hugs))).

Manderz, really? LOL I thought my memory was bad but even I remember how we met! C'mon, fess up girl...

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hugs, Jimmianne.

I met my husband on match.com! I was on there for a week and a half. I had five first dates. My husband was the only one to get a kiss (and a second date). :)

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1403863363|3701938 said:
Jimmianne, I am so sorry about your dh. And I love your love story. Very romantic and sweet. I believe in fate too. (((Hugs))).

Manderz, really? LOL I thought my memory was bad but even I remember how we met! C'mon, fess up girl...

Honest! I don't remember being introduced to him. We had mutual friends, and we would all hang out in a group, and I didn't even really like him (like that) at first. I wasn't interested. I was seeing someone else at that point (was kind of a jerk and almost over anyway). We were just hanging out, got to be really good friends and hung out on our own, and several months after things ended with the other guy, we started seeing each other a little more often, and then we started dating. I was 18 when we met, and still in high school.We didn't start dating officially until the Christmas after I graduated. I guess he just kinda crept into my life, lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
manderz|1403988880|3702952 said:

Honest! I don't remember being introduced to him. We had mutual friends, and we would all hang out in a group, and I didn't even really like him (like that) at first. I wasn't interested. I was seeing someone else at that point (was kind of a jerk and almost over anyway). We were just hanging out, got to be really good friends and hung out on our own, and several months after things ended with the other guy, we started seeing each other a little more often, and then we started dating. I was 18 when we met, and still in high school.We didn't start dating officially until the Christmas after I graduated. I guess he just kinda crept into my life, lol.

Aww, that's the real deal. The one where you are both truly each other's best friend. And that takes time. Sounds like a perfect way to fall in love. Gradually over time when you really get to know each other. :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. My brother met him at a party, and they started hanging out. My brother introduced us shortly thereafter. He became an instant part of our group of friends, we hung out and were best friends since we were 18. Friends w/benefits at about 25/26, married at 27.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1403992203|3702964 said:
manderz|1403988880|3702952 said:

Aww, that's the real deal. The one where you are both truly each other's best friend. And that takes time. Sounds like a perfect way to fall in love. Gradually over time when you really get to know each other. :appl:

Haha, yup! We may have taken a long time to get where we are, but we're definitely the right ones for each other. We have several friends who have gotten together well after us, married, and divorced before we even got married. I'd much rather take our time and make sure it's right.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. Met him at a discussion group that I was hosting at my house.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I can tell you out of all the years I went to bars and clubs that I met maybe one man that was worthy of long term commitment..and that was on vacation, so I'm not sure if that counts. I don't know anyone that met their SO at a bar or club. I do know that back in the day we had a lot of good clean fun:)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
My sister met her fiance in a bar. She'd had a difficult day at work and was sitting at the bar by herself!! :razz:
He walked in, their eyes met.... that was some years ago now...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just remembered that my girlfriend (we've been friends for 30 years now) met her dh at a bar 25 years ago and she picked him up. And they are (mostly) happily married all these years later with 2 very handsome boys. The oldest who just finished his first year of college. She didn't go to the bar expecting to meet her future dh that is for sure. She was just flirting but love happens when you least expect it right and you never know! :halo:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1403971923|3702852 said:
Hugs, Jimmianne.

I met my husband on match.com! I was on there for a week and a half. I had five first dates. My husband was the only one to get a kiss (and a second date). :)

I love this! You guys really lucked out...talk about fate!
What was it about him that was different??

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I met my DH at a bar. He was there with my roommate though, so it wasn't like he was a complete stranger. We didn't start dating until a few weeks later.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did! :wavey: We met a local pub (guess you would call that a bar in the US?) after being dragged there separately by friends. Met by pure chance, my friend's boyfriend (at the time) went to school with DH so they were chatting and I noticed him straight away! :love: Been inseparable ever since, together 10 years, married for 7. My older sister also met her husband at a pub. See it does happen! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results