shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have to decide that one element of your ring was more important than another?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if my question makes sense...let me try to explain.

I know that we won''t be able to get *my* ring for a long time yet, but that doesn''t stop me from looking. And recently, someone on PS (can''t remember off the top of my head) posted the Sholdt Fremont solitaire and, even though I am madly in love with the MWM Torchiere, I have become infatuated with the gorgeous naked profile of the Sholdt. So, if you like the profile of one but are drawn to a different element of another ring style (like the intricate detail and fluid elegant style of the Torchiere), how do you choose? Do you just eventually gravitate towards one and just ''know''?

Feels weird to be thinking about cheating on my Torchiere with something else, but check out this amazing profile!
30.gif

sholdtfremontsol.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Compared to this (well, technically that''s the Flame, but the only difference between this and the Torchiere is the band--the head is the part that makes it what it is to me--the band''s a technicality).

Maybe MWM could do a 4-prong Torchiere to leave more of the diamond exposed on the side?
27.gif

mwmflameheadpretenditsatorchiere.JPG

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I love my Ritani... But it doesn''t stop me from adoring all kinds of other rings and styles! I have always had a sweet spot for Sholdt designs, but in the end I feel the Ritani is just more *me* - if that makes sense.

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 6:39:20 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Compared to this (well, technically that''s the Flame, but the only difference between this and the Torchiere is the band--the head is the part that makes it what it is to me--the band''s a technicality).

Maybe MWM could do a 4-prong Torchiere to leave more of the diamond exposed on the side?
27.gif

Gwen I''m sure he could and I seem to remember him doing a couple of rings like that - Jade Leaves is one that comes to mind

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I think when the time comes you should explore ways to combine the two styles and consider going custom with MWM. I think it could be done. That would be so exciting!

As for me, well, I''ve always admired and loved the Cartier 1895 solitaire with pave (a basket setting), but then when I was actively shopping around, I also really started liking the profile of x-prong settings. In the end, though, I just knew that an 1895-inspired classic was more "me." (Because we didn''t want to pay the Cartier price, we went custom, but that''s the setting style I ended up going with.)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Combine and go custom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That''s what I''m doing.

That is an amazing profile. WOW. But that''s what I did. I''d ask MWM about it, and have him make it...

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Cheater! Haha, I know exactly how you feel! I really like both of the styles especially the Sholdt but haven''t you dreamt about the MWM forever now?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I agree it''s hard to ''settle '' for just one!!

This is why I am planning to spread the love a little by combining a variety of styles via a variety of rings!
Let''s see...okay, I''ve just had my upgrade - that celebrates my 5th anni of wedded bliss
Then I''ve got my 40th in a few years - that''ll definitely have to be a diamond something - perhaps an oval RHR? Always liked the idea of an oval... might have to be a three-stone, as I have become more enamoured of three stones since joining PS...

I''m just dying for an exposed profile (like your Sholdt) but leaning towards either kcoursolle''s 5-stone favourite, or possibly the uternity in that uprong style...that''s for the tenth anni...

and that leaves the coloured stones... well, I guess that comes down to celebrating the kids... if this latest child comes in April, well that''s DIAMONDS!!! But I might just swap it for a lovely amethyst...The other two are sapphires... hmmm... anyway commemorating my childrens'' birth (okay, forget the birth... commemorating my kids'' lives) via JEWELLERY gives a good reason to go nuts and have a fourth child, wouldn''t you say?
11.gif

anyway, it''s more fun contemplating jewellery styles than it is contemplating politics! (which is what I do in my jewellery down time!)

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why not play around and go see what you can have customized to your liking. You can always combine different aspects for your ring. Also, I love my engagement ring, but I do look at others and like them too. It''s going to happen with all the various designs you can have now.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I completely understand you! I love love love MWM, but when I saw that setting I just fell in love with the simplicity and it''s something I could see myself loving for awhile. So while you love you MWM and the fluidity the Fremont itself is fluid and beautiful.
That being said, I don''t know how you would choose. They''re both just lovely!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
That profile is sweet!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I love that profile!!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I actually really like them both. No wonder you are conflicted! Which one speaks to you more? can you see on your hand, as a reflection of you? Best wishes... ring shopping is oodles of fun!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results