shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

• No side effects!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Just a sore arm

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Minor side effects (no fever)

Votes: 65 29.4%
  • Fever

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Major side effects (including fever)

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Still waiting my turn to get the vaccine

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I don't plan on getting the vaccine

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@Phoenix Hope your dad gets better soon!

I'm wondering by the time it's my turn to get the vaccine, if I'm pregnant, should I still get it? They say it's safe, but since I very strictly isolate and therefore have low COVID risk, would it be worth the unknown risk to the baby if I get bad side effects and a fever?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moderna 1st dose: fatigue, headache, body aches for about 36 hours but nothing too bad. 8 days later a got a bizarre rash on my arm that went away within 30 hours (ish).

2nd dose is next week.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moderna first dose: day 7 super big clavicle lymph node, nothing else

Dose 2: headache, fever, chills, joint and muscle pain severe, fatigue like I’ve never felt , vaccine at 10:30 am, effects at 2 am. Lymph node swelled again and is still here two weeks later. Lasted about 15 hrs and then boom, like nothing happened.

Husband got Moderna this morning #1. So far just sore arm.

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
Pfizer first dose: painful arm starting about 5 hours after the injection which lasted for about a day. Achey and sweaty in the night, about 18 hours after the shot I got hit with major exhaustion and my face felt hot like I had a fever (but my temp was normal) and I took to bed in the afternoon to nap and stayed low the next day too. Feeling pretty much back to normal now, 48 hours later.

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix healing dust to your dad! Very sorry this happened to him!

I had side effects both times. I can tell you what happened because I have to keep a diary for the study. The first shot was minor, tiredness and headache, took rest of the day feel normal again. Got the shot around 11:00 on a Thursday, by Friday I felt fine.

Second shot was a doozy I got it on a Wednesday at 10am. By about 6pm that evening I got a severely sore arm, tired, headache, feeling like I had a pretty nasty head cold. Then the chills and fever (it was minor fever) But I was soaked through by 3am, which is just gross. Thursday I felt out of it but I managed. Arm was sore all day and was hot. Sore arm and any symptoms were gone by friday.

My dad also had both shots and he had no issues, not even a sore arm....lol

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix Hope your dad gets better soon!

I'm wondering by the time it's my turn to get the vaccine, if I'm pregnant, should I still get it? They say it's safe, but since I very strictly isolate and therefore have low COVID risk, would it be worth the unknown risk to the baby if I get bad side effects and a fever?

I am no medical professional, I would wait until after the first trimester (by then everything important is already set and there), and then get it. Please consult with your doctor of course but it really is the first trimester that fever is the biggest risk. FWIW my own Moderna fever topped out at 100.6 which wasn't bad at all. My fever from the Flu in January 2020 was 104.7, now THAT'S scary!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
we cant seen to get it here, only my elderly mom, in-laws and my hubby are even qualified to get it...but I cannot find it, everywhere is out and its very very frustrating...ETA woohooo I got determined again and found one for hubby...YEAH!!!!!!!! he has alot of health issues and is 65 years old...woohooo

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here is some info/recommendations from JAMA.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
First dose of Astra Zeneca on Friday. I'll be 37 in a week. Just a sore arm, nothing else.

I had an achy right elbow for a few hours yesterday but that could've been from sewing name tags into school uniform for 3 hours straight!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. My father is stable now and they expect to be able to discharge him tomorrow.

Wonderful update @Phoenix ❤️
Thank you for letting us know. Continued healing vibes to your dad.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
First dose nothing.
Second dose this last Monday and it flattened me for 24 hours. Got shot at noon and by 9pm I had shaking chills alternating with drenching sweats and constant 101 temperature. Achy all over and unable to get out of bed for 24 hours. Made it to bathroom three times. Couldn’t eat.
The third day woke up like nothing ever happened.
I’m 53 and super active.
My 75 year old mother got her second shot at same time with me and she felt fantastic.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First dose nothing.
Second dose this last Monday and it flattened me for 24 hours. Got shot at noon and by 9pm I had shaking chills alternating with drenching sweats and constant 101 temperature. Achy all over and unable to get out of bed for 24 hours. Made it to bathroom three times. Couldn’t eat.
The third day woke up like nothing ever happened.
I’m 53 and super active.
My 75 year old mother got her second shot at same time with me and she felt fantastic.

Which vaccine did you ladies get?

TARSHA

Rough_Rock
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. My father is stable now and they expect to be able to discharge him tomorrow.

Phoenix, if I may ask, in your country do they require recipients to wait in the immediate vIcinity (ie next door room) where medical professionals are available to watch for any immediate reactions? At least where we are in Central FL, everyone is required to wait a minimum of at least 15 min. (and, in some cases, 30 min. because of allergies or medications taken - for instance, I am on a blood thinner and had to wait the extra time). I do not know if this is true even through out Florida; let alone the rest of the US. I'm so glad that your father is doing better.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, if I may ask, in your country do they require recipients to wait in the immediate vIcinity (ie next door room) where medical professionals are available to watch for any immediate reactions? At least where we are in Central FL, everyone is required to wait a minimum of at least 15 min. (and, in some cases, 30 min. because of allergies or medications taken - for instance, I am on a blood thinner and had to wait the extra time). I do not know if this is true even through out Florida; let alone the rest of the US. I'm so glad that your father is doing better.

Thank you for your kind words. My father lives in London UK, with the rest of my family. When he had the jab, he was required to sit there for 30 mins or so while they observed him. He reported having difficulty breathing almost in the ensuing days. He "tried to cope with it", apparently. When it got really bad (so when his lungs were full of fluid) and he couldn't cope with it anymore, he told my siblings and one of them called the ambulance to take him to the hospital.

We've now learned that he has a defective valve in his heart, which caused/ causes pulmonary edema. Not sure how the vaccine aggravated it. But Drs are now putting him on various meds, including diuretics, which I know can aggravate some of his health issues (of which he has lots). I'm still not sure yet how or what, if any, they're treating his heart condition. But needless to say, he's not rushing to have a second jab any time soon, if at all.

TARSHA

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your kind words. My father lives in London UK, with the rest of my family. When he had the jab, he was required to sit there for 30 mins or so while they observed him. He reported having difficulty breathing almost in the ensuing days. He "tried to cope with it", apparently. When it got really bad (so when his lungs were full of fluid) and he couldn't cope with it anymore, he told my siblings and one of them called the ambulance to take him to the hospital.

We've now learned that he has a defective valve in his heart, which caused/ causes pulmonary edema. Not sure how the vaccine aggravated it. But Drs are now putting him on various meds, including diuretics, which I know can aggravate some of his health issues (of which he has lots). I'm still not sure yet how or what, if any, they're treating his heart condition. But needless to say, he's not rushing to have a second jab any time soon, if at all.

Lots of good thoughts and prayers go out to your father, you and all those who love and care about him.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of good thoughts and prayers go out to your father, you and all those who love and care about him.

Awww. Thank you so much.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First dose of Moderna 14 hrs ago. No side effects.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After the first shot, nothing. The day after the 2nd shot I woke up with a fever, feeling about as good as a week-old fish. I had to go right back to bed. I was better the next day, just tired.

Knowing how it affected me, I'd still choose to get the vax.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Just a sore arm from where the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine was injected. I observed a slight increase in forehead temperature (slight sweating, only 1 degree fahrenheit increase, definitely not enough to constitute fever), but still feel fine, apart from sore arm.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 17 yo son got his 2nd Pfizer dose today. Within hours he looks flushed and is achy and tired. Hopefully it doesn't last long!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock

I'm so glad your father's feeling better. While most people seem to handle the vaccine(s), it's cases like this that cause me to worry a wee bit for my DH. He has some health issues (medically suppressed immune system and other meds).

It sounds almost like your father had an allergic reaction. I can totally understand why he wouldn't be keen to have a second shot!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does vaccine euphoria count as a side effect? I became eligible on Mar. 1 and was pessimistic about being able to get the shot. All of our local health agencies and their partners reported vaccine shortages. People older than me are complaining that they can't get the shot because all local agencies stopped taking appointments due to shortages.

On Feb. 25 I went to the county website which lists all places authorized to give the shot. A few pharmacies were listed as they had just received their first shipment of vaccine. Although it was 4 days before my official eligibility date, I clinked a link to a pharmacy and lo and behold, it listed available appointment dates & times. I made it all the way through the process without being stopped (as had happened when I tried it before) because I was not yet officially eligible.

Until the pharmacist put the needle in my arm, I was skeptical that I'd get the vaccine due to all the reports about shortages. I was so relieved and happy I danced all the way out the door of the pharmacy. I'm still feeling giddy. And I already have appointment confirmation for the 2nd dose. I told a friend about the shot last night as her husband was eligible weeks before me and she hasn't been able to get him an appointment. Last night she tried using the same site I did and all appointments were already booked for the month.

While I am euphoric at my good luck, I'm also frustrated and disappointed at the inefficient way info is being disseminated and at the reports of different vaccine experiences. People are reporting terrible experiences at different pharmacies -- long lines, people crammed together in waiting areas and some not wearing masks, and dirty unsanitary waiting areas.

The pharmacy I went to is tiny and in the back of a grocery store. No lines, separate vaccine room where they let in 2 people at a time. When I got to the waiting room, I waited 30 seconds before the pharmacist came in to administer the vaccine. My appointment was for 6 p.m. and I was done and out of there at 6:25 after waiting the obligatory 15 minutes to see if I had a reaction. That's way different service than others are getting in my town.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hubby got his first modera shot yesterday at 11.45 am he didnt feel it go in at all, his arm hurt at the injections site a little yesterday and still a little sore today, otherwise so far he is ok today

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My Mother had no side effects from her first vaccine--in fact I don't know anyone who has had a reaction.

cheers--Sharon

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I got the first dose of Pfizer today. Arms a little sore. I can't tell if it's from the shot or carrying 50lbs+ of groceries up and down the subway (had to do grocery after my shot). I'm still worried I'll have a reaction. Oooof.
I went to Memorial Sloan. It was very neat and orderly, they used the infusion cubicles for each person. The nurses spent 15 minutes going over procedures and concerns and afterwards I spent 15 minutes in observation. I also got information to register with the cdc to submit my symptoms (just a code you scan with your phone, so pretty neat).

@Phoenix omg I'm so sorry about your father. Sending many wishes for a quick and full recovery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results