shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine?

• No side effects!

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Just a sore arm

Votes: 50 22.6%
  • Minor side effects (no fever)

Votes: 65 29.4%
  • Fever

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Major side effects (including fever)

Votes: 43 19.5%
  • Still waiting my turn to get the vaccine

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I don't plan on getting the vaccine

Votes: 19 8.6%

• Total voters

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
1st dose - sore arm.
2nd dose - chills, borderline fever, exhaustion, nausea, and vomiting.
I got Moderna.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You didn't ask, but the "side effects" of me not getting it may be dying.
Just sayin.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you have any side effects from the COVID vaccine? Which vaccine did you get?

I know there is a similar thread, but hoping to see aggregate poll results (vs. reading through 27 pages)!

When you have time have a wee lookie through that thread
Its quite an uplifting journey after such a cr*ppy year

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I just got dose #1 of Moderna on Tuesday. Only a very sore arm. I had a very mild case of Covid last March.

My husband had moderate Covid last March, and he also got the Moderna, but got his shots in December & January, and he had fever, chills, nausea, exhaustion both times. I firmly believe the working theory that having antibodies correlates with a stronger reaction to the vaccine.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had two doses of Moderna.

#1, sore arm for a few days, not bad, not even as bad as I normally get from the flu shot.

#2, sore arm came on much faster. I got the shot at 7pm and felt the arm before bed at 10. I slept fine but woke up feeling "off". Headache, fatigue, body ache. Not soon long after fever started (never over 100.6) on and off for about 8 hours. About 20 hours after the shot I took advil and symptoms relieved. I woke up the next morning with just a headache. Took advil again and felt fine. Nothing since then. I am breastfeeding (pumping) and I did notice a supply boost for about 3 days following the second dose.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
None of the choices really applied to me.

I got the first dose of Moderna on Tuesday. Sore arm - more sore than after a flu shot, but not
as sore as after shingles shot.

I think I probably had a slight fever because I slept poorly and woke up hot and sweaty once during the night.

Felt like I was recovering from the flu, but no longer sick, on Wednesday.

Haven't developed a rash yet.....

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moderna 1st dose earlier this week, for both my husband and me.
Just a little soreness right around the injection site, and only if I touched it. (Less than from my last flu shot.)
My husband had the same experience.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had two doses of Moderna.

#1, sore arm for a few days, not bad, not even as bad as I normally get from the flu shot.

#2, sore arm came on much faster. I got the shot at 7pm and felt the arm before bed at 10. I slept fine but woke up feeling "off". Headache, fatigue, body ache. Not soon long after fever started (never over 100.6) on and off for about 8 hours. About 20 hours after the shot I took advil and symptoms relieved. I woke up the next morning with just a headache. Took advil again and felt fine. Nothing since then. I am breastfeeding (pumping) and I did notice a supply boost for about 3 days following the second dose.

Does you baby get any of the anti bodies from you feeding him/her ?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I got the Moderna series. After the first shot I had no side effects except for a sore arm a day later. With the second shot about 12 hours afterwards I had chills, muscle aches, nausea and a headache- however I do get rare migraines and I think that the vaccine may have triggered that a bit for me. All resolved within 34 hours but I did stay home and telework that day.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1st moderna - nada nothing zero fine.

2nd shot - covid reaction on my arm - rash all over my arm after 2 benedryl aok. fever, fever (high) etc but after 3 days I'm fine.. but it was NOT what I expected.

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
I had the Pfizer vaccine.
Dose 1, sore arm, very mild headache
Dose 2, sore arm, woke up at 4:30 am drenched in sweat

My husband has also had 1 dose of the Pfizer vaccine. He had a sore arm, maybe a little tired.

We have not had COVID. My husband has donated blood 3 times since July and all the antibody tests have come back negative..

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Both my husband and I got the 1st and 2nd doses of Moderna at the same time with same reactions.

1st dose - sore arm only, typical soreness as with any vaccine.

2nd dose- sore arm, slight nausea, slight joint ache-noticed in knees
Felt fine within 48-36hrs.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve just gotten the first Pfizer dose. Slightly sore arm. Nothing else. Next dose March 16. Will report back. Have not had COVID.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My father had the Oxford-AstraZeneca shot. He started having breathing difficulty almost straightaway. Then on Tues 23rd, 3 weeks after receiving the shot, his breathing got a lot worse! He had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. His lungs were full of fluid. They pumped his lungs twice and he is now still in hospital under observation. :cry2:

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
My father had the Oxford-AstraZeneca shot. He started having breathing difficulty almost straightaway. Then on Tues 23rd, 3 weeks after receiving the shot, his breathing got a lot worse! He had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. His lungs were full of fluid. They pumped his lungs twice and he is now still in hospital under observation. :cry2:

I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope he recovers quickly.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I hope your dad makes a full recovery, so sorry to hear this @Phoenix it must be very concerning.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m getting mine on Monday. I wonder if the 12 week wait as per U.K. protocol will make it worse?? Will report back.....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear this about your dad. Hope he feels better soon.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your Dad feels better soon @Phoenix

Both DH and I have only had our first dose of Pfizer so far, not expecting to get our second dose until end of March, beginning of April.

DH said he slept really well after his and had no reaction at all, I had slight soreness at the injection site, but no other symptoms.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I had the Oxford vaccine 10 days ago. No problems at all.I didn't even feel the needle=)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry @Phoenix :(
I am sending bucketloads of healing dust his way and many well wishes.
And gentle hugs to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My elderly parents got Pfizer dose one. Dose two is this upcoming Sunday.
Dad (87 yo) zero reaction to the vaccine.
Mom was ill with fever for a few days. She has many AI conditions.
I am concerned about her second dose but hoping it won't be bad.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Me: waiting, but maybe soon. They have started vaccinating my co-workers.

Sister: Vaccine 1 - nothing, vaccine 2 - overnight fever, shaking chills...then fine the next day
Mom (83YO) - nothing either time

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moderna Vaccine.
The vaccination itself was painless.
I didn't even feel it going in my arm.
First dose only so far.

Sore arm and rash and
Fever (3 degrees above my normal) started within 10 hours.
I woke up with body aches and chills and a moderate headache which lasted most of the day.

By about 36 hours temperature back to my normal but rash still there.
Arm much less sore.
Besides the arm rash (and now very minor arm soreness) I feel 100% back to my normal and felt fine 36 hours after the vaccine.

covidrash.jpeg

Greg's only reaction to dose one of Moderna was a sore arm and fatigue for about 2 days.
He had no fever or aches or body chills. Just a moderate fatigue.

I voted the fever choice in your poll as the symptoms went away within 36 hours so I don't consider that to be major side effects.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me: waiting, but maybe soon. They have started vaccinating my co-workers.

Sister: Vaccine 1 - nothing, vaccine 2 - overnight fever, shaking chills...then fine the next day
Mom (83YO) - nothing either time

The "experts" are saying that the older one is the less chance of side effects due to the dampened immune response older individuals demonstrate. That is, of course, barring certain medical conditions as evidenced by my elderly mother and perhaps @Phoenix 's father. We certainly have seen some older individuals demonstrate severe side effects. :(

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
My husband and I are in our very early 40’s, no underlying health conditions. I was expecting more side effects to happen after the second dose, I guess I got lucky.

GK2

Rough_Rock
I had my first vaccination of Pfizer on Monday - slightly sore arm for a day but no other side effects. 2nd dose is 4th May

husband had his two weeks before mine - no issues at all but given the amount of drugs he takes as part of his chemo and pain relief, I’m not surprised:lol:

a number of my staff had the Astra Zeneca Oxford and were unwell with fever, headache and fatigue for a couple of days, but all are fine now. Some had had exposure to COVID

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results