shape
carat
color
clarity

Did we choose a good diamond?

SamOhJung

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

We just made a purchase on this diamond before I found this forum and wanted your opinion on whether this is a well cut diamond that will reflect light well. It was from Bluenile and I don't have the best photo.
HCA 1.4

GIA: https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=2191561747

Clarity: VVS1
Color: H

Depth 62.0 %
Table 56 %
Crown Angle: 34.0°
Crown Height: 14.5%
Pavilion Angle: 41.0°
Pavilion Depth: 43.5%
Star Length: 50%
Lower Half 75%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%
Culet: None

Please let me know what you think!
Thank you!
Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 8.25.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 8.21.29 PM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I see a nice arrows pattern, good numbers, and no detraction whatsoever. Everything that is shown about the cut is good news.

The clarity grade is overkill, but, why not! Even if VS seems 'reasonable' in theory, I do not know what choices are available & how much clarity might have counted toward the price.

____
Footnote re. H&A:
Would expect this stone to also score perfectly by IS standards (face-up only).
A H&A image would add more precission - I hardly ever see any 'hearts' (bottom-up) reflector shots for round diamonds that are not sold as H&A, possibly for good reason (small variations in the pattern are difficult to interpret...)

SamOhJung

Rough_Rock
I see a nice arrows pattern, good numbers, and no detraction whatsoever. Everything that is shown about the cut is good news.

The clarity grade is overkill, but, why not! Even if VS seems 'reasonable' in theory, I do not know what choices are available & how much clarity might have counted toward the price.

____
Footnote re. H&A:
A H&A image would add more precission - I hardly ever see any 'hearts' (bottom-up) reflector shots for round diamonds that are not sold as H&A, possibly for good reason (small variations in the pattern are difficult to interpret...)

____
Footnote re. H&A:
Thank you! I actually didn’t even see any hearts and arrows listed on the BN site and foolishly didn’t know that was a thing. I’m seeing posts for depth less than 62% preferred and pavilion angle at 40.9 where mine is 41%. I wonder if that will result in any leakage...

Reactions: AV_

SamOhJung

Rough_Rock
And the VVS1 was actually the cheaper option because this one has a medium fluorescence so we went for this one. I also hope the fluorescence won’t impact the diamond negatively (read about haziness and oiliness from that)

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The HCA score & the arrows pattern tell me that there cannot be discernible leakage.
Medium fluorescence is not enough to look like fog in natural conditions; it is something to play with, for sure.

Then, the H&A - obviously mean something to me: ridiculeous precission with its own flavour.

2c

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks quite good to me, providing the fluorescence isn't a problem, which I doubt it will be. I'm not one to nitpick arrow placement, but they look good too. The clarity is overkill, but I understand the need for the stone to be "mind-clean".

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also had a diamond from BN. If you aren’t too anal and don’t stare at it all day everyday :lol-2: you’ll probably be happy with your stone. I think t will be very pretty and sparkly. Fluorescence probably won’t be an issue, just because the likelihood is slim. My stone fell within PS parameters but I did eventually see leakage after staring at my stone. And I saw super ideals and could see the difference. But Just don’t go that route and you will be fine. If you do find you are super anal and obsessed about getting the best it stone that maximizes light performance you can return this one and start over with help from people here.

SamOhJung

Rough_Rock
I also had a diamond from BN. If you aren’t too anal and don’t stare at it all day everyday :lol-2: you’ll probably be happy with your stone. I think t will be very pretty and sparkly. Fluorescence probably won’t be an issue, just because the likelihood is slim. My stone fell within PS parameters but I did eventually see leakage after staring at my stone. And I saw super ideals and could see the difference. But Just don’t go that route and you will be fine. If you do find you are super anal and obsessed about getting the best it stone that maximizes light performance you can return this one and start over with help from people here.
Thank you! I’ve been in the store and looked at an Astro ideal cut vs a very good cut and could not tell the difference in store. Maybe that’s just the lights within the store but both looked super sparkly. I will have to wait for the stone to come and see how it looks. The photos on the site was taken really poorly with visible dust on the stone so I hope the actually stone will look good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results