shape
carat
color
clarity

Did something a little crazy - Dancing Dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been thinking about getting a reception dress pretty much since I started looking at dresses. Since I love my dress so much I''ve been rethinking the 2nd dress - until I checked out a few short dresses. I had my eye on a few and went to a Priscilla of Boston trunk show this weekend.

Welllllll.....I walked out the proud owner of this Melissa Sweet dress!! I had been swooning over it on the website and was convinced it wouldn''t look good on, but once I had it on I didn''t want to take it off!!! I never make decisions like this but I absolutely fell in love.

So, this is my wedding dancing dress. I''ll be changing into it after the 1st dance, dinner, and dance with my dad - so I can boogie down
31.gif
We''re also having an afterparty so I figure I can wear it there too!

AAMari.jpg

The saleslady said it was sophisticated in the front, party in the back. Mullet dress!!

AAMari3.jpg

Wow! i love that - perfect for dancing the night away!!!

EDIT: love the back even more - the mullet comment made me laugh out loud!
36.gif

The detail is really exquisite

AAMari2.jpg

WOW! I LOVE your mullet dress! LOL:) It''s perfect for a wedding after-party.

this is so fun and super cute!! can''t wait to see more pics!

36.gif
FUN!
36.gif

i love it!

9.gif
I love it -- mullet dress! Ha ha!

It''s beautiful, and I''m sure you will look beautiful and have a blast in it.

That dress is gorgeous. I''d seen it on the website, but I never realized the back was that beautiful! I
30.gif
it. Can you link to your original dress? I don''t remember it.

Out of curiosity, with a back like that, what do you do about wearing a bra? That was one of my challenges with dress shopping ... if I couldn''t wear a semi-ordinary bra, it just didn''t work!

SWEET! That''s a beautiful dress!
30.gif

Very sweet. I think we need to cut off the mullet ref. ''cause it''s way too pretty to be in THAT sorta category.
28.gif

Your mullet dress is awesome!!!
30.gif

Very pretty and very sexy - great combo.

Date: 2/23/2009 2:35:08 PM
Author: luvbug
The saleslady said it was sophisticated in the front, party in the back. Mullet dress!!
LMAO!!!!! If only mullets were as refined as this dress!!! I love it!! It''s beautiful!!! Do you have any pics of you in it?

violet3 - Thanks!

Kelli - Thanks! I was going to change into a "bride" jumpsuit since the afterparty is at our hotel, but this will be a lot more fun!

rockin11
- Thank you - I''ll get some more up tomorrow

tlh, blackbetty, TheBigT, brandy_z28, sunnyd, bebe - Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

elrohwen - I just ordered my gown recently https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-took-the-plunge-my-dress.107961/
2 dresses in 2 weeks! LOL! I''ll probably wear a Nu-Bra (one of those sticky silicon cup bras with no back) and they''ll be sewing cups into the dress. I don''t have a large chest so that should be enough support.

mayachel - I know, it is a strange nickname for such a fab dress. The saleslady said "party in the back" and I just looked at her and said "Like a mullet?!?!" and we died laughing.

FrekeChild - Hahaha thanks! I have a few pics of the dress on me on my camera at home, I''ll post em soon!

OMG I LOVE that dress!!!! I saw that in Modern Brides, and even showed my SO the dress. I just don''t have the boobs for it (4 kids, 36D but not on the ribs.
14.gif
)

You MUST post pictures of you in the dress when you can. The back of that is just so sassy!

Oh wow! It''s beautiful!!!

Stunning! Love your ''mullet''
2.gif

YOWZA! It''s absolutely fabulous! I''d love to see pictures of you in it!

I am wearing this dress too! Only, I''m wearing it to my rehersal dinner or possibly my after party. Do you want to see a pic?

Pics of you! Please! It''s SOOO beautiful! What are you doing for a bra with it?

Both your dresses are just beautiful! Can''t wait to see pics!!!

luvbug - I''m so lovin the mullet dress! It''s fabulous!!

OMG your mullet dress is awesome
30.gif
30.gif
, hehehe I love the reference :). I am also thinking how cool those ruffles will look when you twirl around on the dancefloor :D

I just adore that dress-it''s amazing!

Winks_Elf - Thanks! It is one of the few occasions where a small chest comes in handy LOL

emeraldlover1 - Loved the dress on you!!

audball - Thanks, just one of those sticky cup bras & sewn in cups

Deelight - The dress really does move beautifully, one of the things I love best about it. Thank you!

PearlDahhhling, shimmer, kama_s, honey22, Sparkalicious, bee - Thank you all for your comments - I''m so happy with the dress!!

Without further ado - here''s some pics of me in the dress. My appointment was running long and I felt bad so they''re super quick

AAMelissaSweet.JPG

An attempted side shot

AAMelissaSweet2.JPG

Trying to get the back after it was already unzipped...LOL I couldn''t let go!

AAMelissaSweet3.JPG

And my fave - the back!!

AAMelissaSweet4.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP