shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I pay too much...??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mateuk

Rough_Rock
I was in New York today and purchased a diamond which is a "Cushion Modified Brilliant" it is 1.94 carats / Depth 66.3% / Table 63% / Girdle Medium to thick, Faceted / Culet - Medium / Polish - Very Good / Symmetry - Good? The Color is E the Clarity is S1.

I paid $13,000 - Which did not include the setting. I still have time to cancel since it will take a week to set. Please let me know if I paid to much. Thanks everyone, Happy Holidays.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is a 'Cushion Modified Brilliant'? I have seen older Cushion Cuts but not heard this term.

Was the diamond graded by GIA, EGL, AGS or any other grading lab? Does it come with a certificate from the lab attesting to the qualities of the diamond?

mateuk

Rough_Rock
The information I posted came from the GIA report. It is not an antique stone.

Thanks for all your help...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just found an old post on here from 3/20/02 under subject of 'Nice Stone' where someone was looking into a Cushion Modified Brilliant with a depth of 66 and a table of 66 and CutNut posted an ideal scope image showing much loss of light/brilliance, and said the depth was also TOO deep. Your stone has a similar depth, not sure if your table %'s being lower will help..but maybe CutNut or Dave Atlas will respond.

From the picture CN posted it looks like an oval diamond somewhat? More than 57/58 facets?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results