shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I pay too much?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mgn15

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I''m new to this and just wanted to say this site is awesome. I was wondering if you can tell me if I paid too much for this diamond. Out the door (from a B & M) was $3150. There is a feather that is parellel to the edge of the table (still on the inside of the table). Here are the specs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lab: AIG
Wt: 1.00
Clarity: I1
Color I
Depth 61.8
Table:61.2
Fl: inert
Girdle: thin to thick
Look forward to hearing your comments. Thank you.

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I think you paid too much. You could get similiar sized and colored stones with an SI1 or SI2 clarity from places like whiteflash and DCD, which would probably eliminate the problem that you're having with a visable inclusion.

Like these from DCD:
1.05 I SI2 GIA $3,051 60.2 57 EX VG None 6.63x6.69x4.01

1.19 I SI2 GIA $3,191 62.5 56 GD GD None 6.73x6.81x4.23

bof

Rough_Rock
you can buy more diamond for less money on the internet. do you like the way the diamond looks? did you feel happy with your purchase? do you feel comfortable with buying a diamond over the internet? does having a relationship with your local vendor matter to you?

only you can answer the question of whether you paid too much or not.

bof

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I would expect to pay about $2-2.5K on such a stone, on the net. On a B&M, $3K is not out of the world.
1.gif

Chrisk327

Rough_Rock
Compared to what?

You're asking on the internet to a place where people bought diamonds on the internet, where most of the people here didn't choose Bluenile b/c they are higher priced.

You paid more than internet prices, and probably bluenile.com prices. If you're open to buying on the internet (or live near an internet vender) you can do better. If that is not an option for you... and you're happy with the ring.. you probably will have a hard time doing better.

mgn15

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it. I guess one of the other things that bothers me is that the round diamond was set into a b. sholdt rc-135 (www.sholdtdesign.com). After further review, the ring calls for an emerald or oval stone. Can someone please take a look at the ring and let me know your thoughts on a round stone being in there. My fiance likes it becuase the diamond sits low. She says that is what is in style right now. Any advice? Thanks. PS. Could I have gotten something similar to the rc-135 for less than $1995!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I personally think that the design is very nice, and worth the pricetag. I also think that a round would look really great in this setting. I don't think that you could pay less for the worksmanship of this designer, and it probably wouldn't have the same lovely lines. And this opinion is from someone that firmly believes in designer copies!
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results