shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I over/undereducate myself?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bh26d

Rough_Rock
I used diamond-safe.com as a reference for purchasing my fiancee's ring. We went with a .71 ct, F color, SI1 clarity stone. The setting is a six-prong knife-cut Tiffany's platinum knock-off. We were both extremely pleased with the "fire", understanding that the setting affects this and having it raised in a six-prong setting allows light to forgive inclusions.

The certificate is UG300400202 if you're a pro and want to comment.

Are my assumptions correct?

The carat weight is about average for an engagement ring at .71.
The color is nice at F.

The depth is 66.7 (below average)
The table is 58.0 (excellent)
The crown is poor at 15.4.
The girdle is average at Thick to Ex. Thick.
Polish is good.
Symmetry is good.
No fluorescence.
No culet.

I paid $2250, did I do ok?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
what is the shape of the diamond? what lab graded it (GIA, EGL)?

bh26d

Rough_Rock
EGL. Round Brilliant.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
for .71-F-SI1. I'm afraid you'll find much better cut GIA graded stones for the same price or less :((

I hope you won't be offended if I suggest you return this stone if it is still possible. The cut is rather inferior: too deep and too thick girdle. I bet it has very small diameter so it looks smaller for its weight. Well cut 0.71 crt round should have 5.80 mm in diameter. What about this one?

I could understand if it would be cheap… Let us know what you'll decide.
[/u]

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Leonid is correct - the diameter is the same as an ideal cut diamond with a 58% table of less than .60ct.

The .60 ct would cost much less, sparkle more and side by side it would appear 5% larger in diameter.

If you have the chance to return it please do so, and start again with a good read of our tutorial and have your online purchase sent to you via an appraiser for a check of data.

UG300400202
Weight 0.71 ct.
Shape ROUND BRILLIANT
Color F
Clarity SI1
Measurements 5.45 - 5.4 x 3.62 mm
Depth 66.7
Table 58.0
Crown 15.4
Pavilion 43.5
Girdle THICK TO EX. THICK
Polish GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet NONE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results