shape
carat
color
clarity

Did i miss anything

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

antimatter

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/29/2005 7:40:53 AM
Author: pinkee
The GIA Gemologist I was working with to replace my stone - highly recommend that to keep cost down but get a nice size stone - go with H/SI2 as long as it is cut well and it is eye clean. I ended up with a 1.28 H/SI2 and it is beautiful! You would think it was a E/VVS1 and never know it was anything less since you are not wearing it next to a cleaner diamond on your hand!! He indicated that is only in the persons mind that they don''t have a better stone - with a round it will always keep its value!
I am glad you are satisfied with your stone however as you stated it is in the persons mind. For me color was really important. Getting an E grade diamond was plus but i would have settled for a F. After looking at all of the diamonds at the mall shops i am really glad i didn''t get a poorer grade color becasue i could totally tell the difference. As for the SI1 and SI2, i would have been happy to find a VS2 but i have a really hard time picking out the inclusions face up in my diamond and not all SI2s are made alike. It would really depend on where the inclusions were in the diamond and how visable they are. I have seen some really bad SI2''s.

I think Quality and Size were equally important. 1 carrot was the desired size although i would have gone down 90 points for a better color/clarity stone.

All in all I am happy with this diamond and am glad i didn''t pay the premium for an H&A. Compared to this one i wasn''t that impressed. They were slightly more firey but the brilliance of this stone blew all of the H&A out of the water plus the color was in the colorless range and I could definitly tell a difference with color

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
AM,

I've heard experiences like this before. A couple of questions show up on my radar screen, if you don't mind
1.gif

What store did you find selling diamonds as 'H&A'?
Were they from a brand, or in-house stock?
Can you describe the viewer used to see the patterning?
Was there an ideal-scope or ASET onsite to use?
How did the graded color in their 'H&A' compare to your online-purchase?

antimatter

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/29/2005 2:59:23 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
AM,

I''ve heard experiences like this before. A couple of questions show up on my radar screen, if you don''t mind
1.gif

What store did you find selling diamonds as ''H&A''?
Were they from a brand, or in-house stock?
Can you describe the viewer used to see the patterning?
Was there an ideal-scope or ASET onsite to use?
How did the graded color in their ''H&A'' compare to your online-purchase?
I''ll do my best to answer your questions.

The store was Keepsake diamond center. They were marketing the Hearts of Fire.
The viewer used was just like this one
haviewer.jpg

No ideal scope was available and the color was from G-J. Having a perfectly cut diamond would be nice but i think the haveing really good cut and excellent symetry with a color grade d-f yeild great results. Atleast that is my limited experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results