shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I make the right choice???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wwe

Rough_Rock
Hey,

I need everyones opinion.... I just purchased a Princess - Ideal Cut- 1.13 carat - D - VS1 from James Allen for $6700.

In my opinion I think I made the right choice. What do you guys think?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone is going to want a lot more information before they can assess whether it was a good purchase or not. But the most important thing is that YOU love it.

wwe

Rough_Rock
what other info is needed?

p.s. Im new to this :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Basically every number available on the certification as well as any other images (either real pictures, or some kind of light analysis, etc.) you might have of the stone.

Otherwise it's really hard to tell anything about the diamond itself.

ETA: Also, please let people know if you want reassurance that it's a fine stone, or a real opinions about whether you should buy a different one instead.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. The lab certification information like crown and pavilon angles, girdle info, dimensions, etc.
2. Magnified pictures
3. Idealscope pictures

wwe

Rough_Rock
Does this help?

Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 1.13
Cut: Ideal
Color: D
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 69%
Table: 65%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 5.85*5.78*3.99
Ratio: 1.01

icyhot

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 3:58:16 PM
Author: wwe
Does this help?

Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 1.13
Cut: Ideal
Color: D
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 69%
Table: 65%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 5.85*5.78*3.99
Ratio: 1.01
Look on the GIA cert for the crown and pavillion angle as chrono has stated. This can help determine how brilliant the stone is using Holloway Cut Advisor. You'll find these numbers on the right hand side of the graphical representation of the diamond (not sure what the industry term is for this). They will be in degrees though...

Example:
Crown: 34.5 degrees
Pavillioin: 40.5 degrees

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icyhot,
The HCA is only for round stones. Can''t use it for the Princess stone in this case.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
icyhot. the HCA is for round stones, this one is a princess
2.gif

wwe, I don''t know much about princess cuts or enough to offer and opinion. from what I''ve learned here most believe that your eyes trump numbers when it comes to fancy cuts. James Allen has great prices so I''m sure you got a good deal and if you love the stone that''s what matters..

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 4:24:14 PM
Author: icyhot

Look on the GIA cert for the crown and pavillion angle as chrono has stated. This can help determine how brilliant the stone is using Holloway Cut Advisor. You''ll find these numbers on the right hand side of the graphical representation of the diamond (not sure what the industry term is for this). They will be in degrees though...

Example:
This only works for rounds not princesses.

wwe

Rough_Rock
It seems like it says 65% from left to right and 89% from top to bottom.

That is all I see on the right side.

icyhot

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 4:29:26 PM
Author: hikerchick

Date: 4/5/2007 4:24:14 PM
Author: icyhot

Look on the GIA cert for the crown and pavillion angle as chrono has stated. This can help determine how brilliant the stone is using Holloway Cut Advisor. You''ll find these numbers on the right hand side of the graphical representation of the diamond (not sure what the industry term is for this). They will be in degrees though...

Example:
This only works for rounds not princesses.
Showing my noobness...I didn''t read it was a princess. Sorry for the confusion wwe.
32.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Nevermind...I answered the wrong question
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results