shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I make the right choice?

LTCT814

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

I'm new to lab grown diamonds and have spent the last few weeks learning as much as I can - especially in regards to cut. I recently made a purchase (below) and was wondering if one of the experts on here could take a look and advise whether it was a good choice or not. To my untrained eye, I don't see any visible straining despite this being CVD and the diamond does not appear blue, grey, yellow or brown although it's hard to tell in the video. I should receive the stone in a couple weeks. Thank you in advance!

2.04 Round / Ideal / F / VS1 / Type lla

IGI Report - https://www.igi.org/reports/verify-your-report?r=LG576326539

9.7/10 Stone Algo
0.9 HCA Score with the cut grade aligning between GIA Excellent/AGS Grade 0

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS. I am not an expert, but I'm sure they'll be along soon.

LTCT814

Shiny_Rock

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
The weekends can be a little slow. Every time you post or someone else posts on your question, it bumps you up, so that is good to keep in mind.

LTCT814

Shiny_Rock
The weekends can be a little slow. Every time you post or someone else posts on your question, it bumps you up, so that is good to keep in mind.

Thank you for letting me know! I certainly appreciate it!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, LTCT814!
The proportions and angles look fantastic - nothing of concern in the picture or video that really jumps out.
The only things to really check for when you get it are to make sure the optics look right:

No dull or diminished spots of light return under the table.

No persistent spots of darkness around the crown facets that don't seem to go away, even as you tilt the diamond around.

No hazy or cloudy appearance under certain lighting conditions (light scattering from internal growth graining/layers).

...this is being rather hyper-scrutinizing, but it's what I'd personally check for if I had it in my own hands for assessment.

Looks like a fantastic diamond that has amazing potential to be perfect!

LTCT814

Shiny_Rock
Hello and welcome to PriceScope, LTCT814!
The proportions and angles look fantastic - nothing of concern in the picture or video that really jumps out.
The only things to really check for when you get it are to make sure the optics look right:

No dull or diminished spots of light return under the table.

No persistent spots of darkness around the crown facets that don't seem to go away, even as you tilt the diamond around.

No hazy or cloudy appearance under certain lighting conditions (light scattering from internal growth graining/layers).

...this is being rather hyper-scrutinizing, but it's what I'd personally check for if I had it in my own hands for assessment.

Looks like a fantastic diamond that has amazing potential to be perfect!

Wow, thank you for your kind words and detailed reply! Would you suggest I purchase an ASET scope to evaluate the points above or can this be done by viewing the diamond in different light sources? I would prefer to look at this with as critical of an eye as possible. This is a large upgrade (for me) and I plan to have it for quite a long time! Thanks again for your helpful insight. I really appreciate you taking the time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results