shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I jump the gun with my Lightbox purchase?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I was looking at Lightbox's website and they had a sale on a 3/8ct round pendant for $220. I snagged 2 for side stones in a 3 stone ring and THEN decided to get on Ritani's website to look at loose stones. I think I have made a mistake because I'm seeing stones for as little as $100 each for a .3 carat ideal cut. I'm not color sensitive and will be setting it in yellow gold so I can go down in color. This will be a RHR gift to myself for my 40th birthday next year so I have plenty of time, I just wanted to take advantage of the sale. I can cancel or return them without issue, but wanted to check with all you brilliant PSer's first!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally am not a fan of ligjtbox stones because they arent typically anywhere near ideal cut, and there are other vendors that have ideal cuts for less

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I personally am not a fan of ligjtbox stones because they arent typically anywhere near ideal cut, and there are other vendors that have ideal cuts for less

Of course I've already gotten the shipping notification. I know I can return them if I need to, and it doesn't seem too involved to do so. That's just a big difference in price to go with Ritani, or maybe another vendor. I'm also admittedly horrible at stone shopping because I think they're all pretty...so that doesn't help. I get analysis paralysis incredibly easily.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
My Lightbox stones have been consistently beautiful so I’d wait and see what you think when you get them. You will also have the settings that you can pop another colored gemstone in later.

chere

Shiny_Rock
I bought this necklace for my niece. I think it’s pricey for sterling silver but I can’t find a jeweler who will set a loose stone into a DBTY necklace for the same price. I got a couple of quotes earlier in the spring.

I would keep it as a necklace or return. I don’t think the savings is there to reset small stones.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would wait until you get them to see with your own eyes. I got my 1 carat necklace early on when they first came out. Mine is very white..no tint that I can see..As for the cut..it’s not an ACA but it’s still beautiful. I feel like they tried hard in the beginning to put out a great diamond. I’m very happy with mine..I’m color sensitive so I wouldn’t be happy with a warm color....You‘re lucky you’re not color sensitive. At least wait until you see them in person. If you don’t love them you can always do a return.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was looking at Lightbox's website and they had a sale on a 3/8ct round pendant for $220. I snagged 2 for side stones in a 3 stone ring and THEN decided to get on Ritani's website to look at loose stones. I think I have made a mistake because I'm seeing stones for as little as $100 each for a .3 carat ideal cut. I'm not color sensitive and will be setting it in yellow gold so I can go down in color. This will be a RHR gift to myself for my 40th birthday next year so I have plenty of time, I just wanted to take advantage of the sale. I can cancel or return them without issue, but wanted to check with all you brilliant PSer's first!

im glad they have shipped (as return is no problem for you )
because im hoping to buy a lightbox diamond eventually and im nosey ;)2

nojs

Shiny_Rock
I have been wondering what is the point of ordering loose stones from Lightbox. You cannot choose the stones and the cut and color can be anything. You get cheaper prices at Ritani and full control of choosing the diamonds. I have been looking at Ritani and they have some very reasonably priced stones. I kind of wish I hadn't found their site... :D

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I have been wondering what is the point of ordering loose stones from Lightbox. You cannot choose the stones and the cut and color can be anything. You get cheaper prices at Ritani and full control of choosing the diamonds. I have been looking at Ritani and they have some very reasonably priced stones. I kind of wish I hadn't found their site... :D

I just ordered 3 from them for $550/ct. .33/.77/.33 and I’ll be making a 3 stone with DK ☺️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results