shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I get a good price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jason

Rough_Rock
I recently put in a down payment on a diamond and want to know if I am getting a good deal before finalizing the sale.

Here are the specs:

GIA Certified
Princess Cut
Carats: 1.02
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Depth: .75%
Table: .74%
Price: $4,360

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Jason

Rough_Rock
Was hoping for some responses to this.
rolleyes.gif
Do I need to give more details about the diamond?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Bump for some help.

I don't know princess cuts. Maybe you need to add Sarin info/angles if you can. Maybe ask the vendor for that information??
1.gif

Girdle thickness would be a help too.
2.gif

You might want to check out this thread. There is a discussion of Princess cuts there that might help you.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/princess-depth-and-table-again.6685/

1.gif

Jason

Rough_Rock
Rich ... Thanks for the reassurance.

pqcollectibles ... If I recall correctly, the girdle was Med.-Thick ... but I'll try and get that data, as well as the other stuff, from the dealer.

The only reason I did not purchase the stone already is because I wanted a better selection of rings to go with it and they assured me they'll have a wider selection in a couple weeks after they get back from a jewelery trade show.

This also gives me a chance to double and triple check on the diamond.

Thanks again.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey Jason~

If Rich gives your diamond thumbs up, it's a keeper!

Gee, I wonder what show that would be???? Could it be Vegas??? LOL
2.gif

I bet your jeweler will have a very good selection for you after the show. My jeweler runs a "Mother's Day" sale to drop her inventory just before going to Vegas. She always comes back with some of the neatest things from that show.
1.gif

Jason

Rough_Rock
----------------
Here are the specs:
GIA Certified
Princess Cut
Carats: 1.02
Color: E
Clarity: VS1
Depth: .75%
Table: .74%
Price: $4,360
----------------

Ok ... I picked up my ring today, and I was actually wrong on the depth. Although I think the actual depth is better than what I originally quoted. Here are the full specs taken directly from the GIA report:

Shape and Cutting Style: Cut-Cornered Square Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 5.82 x 5.67 x 3.73 mm
Weight: 1.02 Carats

Proportions
Depth: 65.8%
Table: 75%
Girdle: Thick
Cutlet: None

Finish
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good

Clarity Grade: VS1
Color Grade: E
Fluorescence: Faint

Price: $4,360 after tax ... including a 14k White Gold "Tiffany" Lucida setting.

Anyways, if any of you pros could throw these specs through your programs and tell me how you'd rate it that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results