shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I find my reception dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:04:32 PM
Author: Morgie44
I liked it in the close up pic, but then in the far away, it doesn''t do much for your figure. Is it too big on you? You have a great body, and I think that you can find something that flatters you a lot more. Though if it is too large on you in the pic, all of that could change!

Thanks, Morgie! I definitely want something that shows my shape.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 1:46:33 PM
Author: LostSapphire

My thoughts exactly. I *think* it''s because the fabric doesn''t have a soft drape to it. I looks to me to be a starchy-cotton, if that makes sense to you.

LS

I think you hit exactly on why I liked the Melissa Sweet version of the dress better (if only it came in ivory!). The dress is satin, but the MS was charmeuse, which definitely drapes better.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 1:55:49 PM
Author: Clairitek
I agree with the others that it doesn''t do as much for your body as it could. I really love the Vineyard #1501. It just speaks to me.

Do you have a little more time to look around? What color do you want to end up with ultimately?

I definitely have more time before I have to order. I think I want to stay in white or ivory, just because I have a lot of fashionista friends and if I go into color, I think there is a very real chance that one of my friends could be wearing a similar or better dress.
32.gif
I want to keep it a little bridal for that reason. I am going to seek out the Vineyard dress soon, because I love it online, too, and hope it looks like that on me.
1.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 1:58:47 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I agree with Spark - I think that dress is adorable - cute and fun, and it suits you really well
1.gif

Thanks, AG! I am going to keep it in the running. I think it would look really different in ivory. I can see the "whole look" of this dress more than I can visualize it for the others, so I am thinking that means it is more my style.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 5:55:55 PM
Author: AlisonHB
Hi Katamari,

Like all the other posters I am not in love with in on you. When I looked at it though I thought wow that looks just like my bridesmaid dresses. Then I scrolled down and I saw that others had posted the Melissa Sweet dress MS128 which is their dress!!! I LOVE the Melissa Sweet dress. It hangs beautiful, is super comfy and each girl had it tailored to fit their body. We ordered it in Sage Green, but it would be lovey and I think perfect for the backyard reception you want! I liked it so much I had thought about ordering one in a fun color just for me for special occasions.

If you liked the Vera Wang style then I wold definitely suggest finding a bridal store that has the Melissa Sweet MS128!

Good luck
1.gif

Thanks, Alison! I did love the MS dress, but it doesn''t come in white or ivory.
7.gif
Talk about a rewearable BM dress--I think ordering one "just because" is a great idea. I can''t wait to see your pics, though, because I think it would love to see how it is tailored to fit different bodies. With the fabric and style, I feel like it could be quite versatile.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 6:39:21 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Two things. The Melissa Sweet BM dress posted above was my original first pick until my BM''s tried it on. Turned out it was a little too informal for my tastes however it is a lovely dress.

Second, the dress you are wearing in the picture was just featured in a wedding on http://thebridescafe.com The girls are wearing it in purple.

The dress you are wearing is too big for you but I think once its tailored it should be fine.

Thanks for the link, EM! It looks great in purple. I was really worried about how the sash would contrast, but it seems to go, at least with the purple. The bride in the other feature, though, Sara, made me want a fuller party dress. Her bridal gown is wonderful! And so fun.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results