shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I finallly find what I was looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jninner

Rough_Rock
I am trying to do a quick lurking of this forem, but it seems to be what I am looking for, if not, please just tell me, and do not be like the girls on The Knot, that leapt down my throat and starting spell checking my post. and yelling at me for grammer mistakes..it is a message board, not a Jane Austin writing contest

From what I gather this is a site from Ladies that are in long term relationships and it looks like things are getting underward for an engagement, not exactly sure of the date, but are starting to get the ball rolling and especially look for the engagement ring. and finding it a little frustrating that you have now found the guy of your dreams but your waiting for that big day

Is this right, have I found a place where people might know what I am taking about?

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
yes you have! the knot is better for once you''re engaged and need feedback from those who know best on wedding planning (other stressed out brides!).

tell us your story...where do you live, how long have you been dating, how long have you been "waiting", what your bf says he''s waiting for..

you''ve definitely found waht you''re looking for. i''m now engaged, but still am here and when i first got here, was at my wit''s end with waiting, and thank god i had this forum to VENT!

jninner

Rough_Rock
I did introduct myself and I think I signed up correctly

jninner

Rough_Rock
Well actually my name is Jannine too. I am 31 yrs old. so basically I have been waiting forever!!!.
But I finally met a real man who is actually 4 yrs. younger. I have been dating him for a 1 year and change.
we are in the middle of the who moves where discussion, because we live on the opposite sides on CT.
But we know that we want to be together, and I am head over heels for him.

We started talking about getting engaged seriously in the month of June after our 1 yr anniversary. and we are thinking about getting unset stones for my engagement ring when we go on a cruise in Jan. 2008, I hear st. thomas does well for jewerly. But we are also looking at other places as well.
so really I no hope of getting engaged till about 6 months from now, and some times it drives me crazy!!!!!

I have been waiting for a guy like him forever, so now that I have found him I just want to get on with it!!!.

He seems to be always waiting for "the right moment" I have no idea what the means...I actually think that if he could skip the whole engagement/wedding process and go to having kids he would!!!.
But to his defense he has been a trooper about looking as it looks like my ring will have to be custom made.

my dream ring would be
1. Asscher or Radiant cut, 1 carat but really no more as I have 4 1/2 size ring finger.
2. trapizoid stone of the side. i am thinking ruby
3. platunum or white gold, not a huge fan of yellow.

I have onlly seen one setting like that above and it was all diamonds and about $10K..but it was a whopper!!!

any advice on how to shop for a ring, or wait for the big day would be great!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
well it sounds like you know it''s going to happen, just not when!

one thing i''d say is, 1 year is actually not that long! some of us waited 3+ years, others 6+ so, try to put the "time" issue in perspective and focus on truly getting to know each other. if you live on opposite sides of CT, see if there''s a way to move closer. How about the other major milestones--meeting each others families, socializing with family, other couples, discussing finances, kids, values. These are ways of moving forward while you wait for your ring and can help the anxiety a little!!

i''d tell yourself mentally, another year is fair and that may help you relax while your bf works on what it sounds like he''s working on! this is of course going by your post--which makes it sound like he DOES want to marry you, just waiting for a perfect moment/ring and after some planning on his part!

jninner

Rough_Rock
I do agree that a year isn''t overly long, but because I am 31, and my sweetie wants 3 little ones, I told him that he can''t wait forever!! LOL
we have acchieved some milestones together, we have met each others families, holidays, that sort of thing.
We will be searching out stones in Jan 2008, which we will together a year and a half, and mostly the actual engagement will happen we will together for 2 years.
But I agree, I am trying to slow things down and just enjoying getting to know him..

But sometimes just thinking about the fact that he wants to marry me make me want to yell HURRY UP!!!

Which is why i am hear to gain perspective.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS Jninner!

You''ve definitely found what you''re looking for, there are a lot of ladies on this site in very similar situations, hence the name "Ladies in Waiting".

I''ve never been on The Knot but I''ve heard that people can be very snarky over there. I''ve never seen any of that here on PS, so you are in good company!

It sounds like you''ve found your man and now it will just be a waiting game. I know how hard it can be, I''ve been dating my bf for over three years, he''s 37 and I''m 26, and we''ve FINALLY started looking for an engagement ring.

As for finding your dream ring, you will find loads of information on PS regarding reputable vendors and jewelers. I''ve used the following PS recommended online vendors for my diamond search:

engagementringsdirect.com
whiteflash.com
goodoldgold.com
jamesallen.com

There are more but I''m at a loss for their names right now. If you do a search for "custom engagement ring" on PS it should bring up a lot of valuable information.

Welcome to the club!

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Jninner
35.gif

Like others have said you definetely are in the right place.. There are a bunch of wonderful ladies here and unlike the knot, here you will find all the support you need. We all have been waiting and waiting and come here to vent... you will see a lot of that. i''ll add you shorty to the LIW list and once again welcome aboard.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to PS Jninner! You will find lots and lots of support here on PS!!
There are so many people here in the same shoes and many many more with so much knowledge to share.
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey you''re definitely in the right place. Welcome
35.gif

jninner

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the websites I will keep them in mind!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Before you buy your diamond on a cruise I would suggest becoming as educated about diamonds as you can! We have heard quite a few cases of people doing that and getting ripped of so I suggest you be very careful and hang out on Rocky Talk. Diamonds, particularly asschers, can be so confusing so don''t be afraid to ask questions! Good luck and I hope your wait is brief!

jninner

Rough_Rock
We are totally doing that as well, I first told Craig about the 4Cs and he looked at me like I was NUTS, he goes "is the 5th C Cost?" but he totally agrees about the research before hand, since I also live close to NYC we are going to take a trip to the diamond district to see what the going rates are.
The color spectrum confuses me a bit so I want to make sure I have that nails down, so I don''t get hosed.

I will check out the other board as well THANKS!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha! It seems like there should be a fifth C - Cost, doesn''t it?

But yes, I think you''ve found what you''re looking for. There isn''t an unfriendly soul here, as far as I''ve seen.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results