shape
carat
color
clarity

did I do well??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gar

Rough_Rock
What do you experts think... please tell me the truth (no suger coating)O.k.... I have a family member that just took me to some wholesalers to buy my fiance's enagement ring (he has some friends on the inside). I am a TOTAL amateur who has spent the last couple of months educating myself at this site and at various online sites as to the ins and outs of diamonds.

Today, after looking at MANY stones, I bought it. Here is what it is..tell me if I got a great deal, average, or got ripped:

EGL USA cert.
round brilliant
Color: F
Carats: 1.09
Clarity: SI1 (very face clean!)
Depth: 62.2
Table: 57.0
Crown: 15.1
Pavilion: 44.0
Girdle: Thin to Medium faceted
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good to Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Culet: None

Paid: $3,900 (for stone only)

well???? I know at worst it was a fair deal...but did I do well?? It sure looks gorgeous!!! I had it set into a 2.5 mm Tiffany style solitaire platinum 6 prong and I present it to her on Sunday!!!. Please let me know. I appreciate all of your postings, as it seemed to have helped me know what I was doing (I think). ;-)

Gar ;-)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Gar, if you've seen the stone and you're happy with how it looks, then I'd say you did well.

Good luck on Sunday.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your purchase..Have fun on Sunday......
appl.gif

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Hard to tell without the carat weight...Have fun on Sunday!!!

gar

Rough_Rock
OOOPS!!! Total weight 1.09 carats!

thanks!

Gar ;-)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good price, nice stone without premium cut. This should look better than the a hefty part of diamonds sold out there, and the F-SI1 combination must have led to a very white, eye clean stone. This diamond should have quite a unique personality picking up and returning light to you in one bright flash (little sparkle, but great light return). Congratulations!

gar

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!!! I can't wait to give it to her tomorrow!!! She is an angel and deserves it! I am thrilled to give her such a beautiful stone, an I know she will appreciate it. She wanted to give me zero input on the selection. Nothing. She told me that whatever I gave her she would love because I gave it to her! No mention as to size, style, setting, etc..! She is a doll. She saw that I was spending an amazing amount of time studying diamonds online and told me that I did not need to put so much pressure on myself and to take it easy... but I wanted to get her the very best that I could afford! This is what makes this all the better, as she did not even set the bar at any height, so it makes my find (which I love) so much nicer! To top it off, my step-dad gave me a bottle of Dom Perignon 1990 to bring with me to celebrate when I give it to her... wow..I hope she is dazzeld! Thanks for all of your kind thoughts... this is a very special mission! gar ;-)

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
How sweet she is! Too bad we can't all have that attitude - my long suffering husband would be ever so much happier
9.gif

edited because I hit submit too fast!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results