shape
carat
color
clarity

Did I buy a bad diamond?

garageband

Rough_Rock

My first BIG diamond! I just bought this because I saw the price was very low and it looks very good in the video. It’s deeper than recommended (64.2) and I’ve read that this will almost always make a diamond have a bigger bowtie.

But! This one does not seem to have that? What are your thoughts? I might be able to cancel the order if it turns out it’s too deep after all.

And since it’s a CVD, do anyone see any typical CVD issues with this one?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Fancy cuts are tough to judge online, but I am not seeing a bowtie here. I would go ahead and see it in person and see how you like it. Fancy cuts are subjective.

Not sure that an oval has the same depth recommendations as a round brilliant. I think you're okay there. It does have some crushed ice effect.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No bowtie but not enough info without a ASET image to assess for sure. The depth is OK because the pavilion angle is neither too deep or too shallow (the 2 causes for bowties).

garageband

Rough_Rock
Fancy cuts are tough to judge online, but I am not seeing a bowtie here. I would go ahead and see it in person and see how you like it. Fancy cuts are subjective.

Not sure that an oval has the same depth recommendations as a round brilliant. I think you're okay there. It does have some crushed ice effect.

No bowtie but not enough info without a ASET image to assess for sure. The depth is OK because the pavilion angle is neither too deep or too shallow (the 2 causes for bowties).

I highy appreciate that you took you time to answer. Unfortunately this diamond was cancelled due to a major price error. I ordered this, does this have a bowtie? Or anything else of concern with it? I am aware of the inclusion at the table.

Another video from vendor: https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG523275054/video/500/500

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Not picking up a bowtie on this one either. Sorry to hear about the other diamond.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just want to add that I love your user name.....and garage band!
Shame about the mixup.
I use visual means to detect personally- but you'd need to have the diamond in front of you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results